Status?

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Status?

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun May 02, 2004 08:20

I'm going to post a thread to the development forum later today, and I'll update that much more often with what I've been doing (good or bad news). Some of what I put here is what I was going to post there, so I'll repeat it there later also...

Most of the underlying system is complete, as already stated. The current task is the actual window and widget classes themselves. I am currently working on the frame-window, and should have that completed tomorrow this will include the title-bar and push button widgets as well - since they are required by the frame-window.

At that stage, it is my intention to post a list of required widgets here on the site, and anyone interested in contributing the system can see the areas that need to be done. At that stage (and since there will be a working window to perform proper testing with), I will write the rendering interface for Ogre engine and OpenGL.

This will basically leave the named properties / text interface to be added, and the support functions for Lua, as well as testing and some cross-platform work (another area where assistance will be required - especially for Mac compatibility).

It is still my intention to have a set of release files out at the end of June, though there way well be slippage to that date. Having said that, there will be working code available via CVS before that point.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Status?

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun May 02, 2004 08:58

Lua will be, in the begininng anyway, the only scripting language that I personally put into the system. It is possible that others may contribute bindings for alternative langauges, but for my part it will be Lua all the way :)

I have been considering Luabind, though have not made the final decision on which approach I will be taking. Once I have a few of the things mentioned previously out of the way, I'll conduct a few test scenarios and see what I think pans out the best.

What you describe with regards to creating GUI elements, and scripting events etc, is basically my aim for what the scripting will offer so there should be no problem there.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”