Why are there 2 sourceforge sites for this project?

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

WhiteKnight
Just popping in
Just popping in

Why are there 2 sourceforge sites for this project?

Postby WhiteKnight » Sat Jan 07, 2006 08:25

I see that sourceforge has Crazy Eddies GUI System, which this site links to, and then there is also cegui#. I almost posted a patch at cegui# last night and I see that three patches have already been posted there.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Re: Why are there 2 sourceforge sites for this project?

Postby scriptkid » Sat Jan 07, 2006 16:53

Hi,

you're right. The other one seems to be a C Sharp version (hence the "#".) I didn't know about a place in source forge, nor do i know its state. It doesn't seem to be that alive though...

I'll mention the patches to Eddie, when i see him or IRC.

Thanks for the heads-up :-)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Why are there 2 sourceforge sites for this project?

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Jan 10, 2006 09:25

hi,

ceguisharp (CEGUI#) was the 'official' port of CEGUI to the C# language and .Net environment. The thing was started by, and most of the code ported by, Chris McGuirk a.k.a Leedgitar, though myself and a couple of others also contributed some code to this effort.

The cegui# project, and also Chris' 'Axiom' engine project reached a stage where, for whatever reasons, that Chris was no longer interested in continuing. Both projects were left in limbo for some time, before being picked up by the guys running the Realmforge project. Both Axiom and CEGUI# are now effectively run by, and are part of, the Realmforge project.

Due to the CEGUI# project no longer being 'stand alone' as it were, the version being developed by the Realmforge guys is not recognised by myself as being an 'official' port any longer. This is not a slight on the quality of what they're doing over there, just that the two versions no longer share a creative vision.

The official CEGUI# project is effectively abandoned as far as I am concerned.

Anyone interested in a .Net version of the library should look into the work being done by some of the ogre community to wrap both Ogre and CEGUI for use in the .Net environment.

CE

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”