Bugs/Issues

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

jameshubbard
Just popping in
Just popping in

Bugs/Issues

Postby jameshubbard » Thu Jun 15, 2006 16:27

I've built this for the first time and noticed a couple of issues.

The zip and tar are not the same. I tried to build using the zip under fedora core 5. I couldn't get it to work. I tried autoconf and it failed to generate the configure file.

On line 201 of opengltexture.h, there this a class qualifer when there shouldn't be one. GCC 4.1 is more strict in following the C++ standard. This is not proper.

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby lindquist » Thu Jun 15, 2006 17:15

I believe this was fixed some time ago and is in svn

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=605424

Dalfy
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby Dalfy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:04

also under linux please make use of tar.gz they are made with the make dist command and have been tested a lot more than .zip intended toward Win32

jameshubbard
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby jameshubbard » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:02

Thanks for the responses. I searched the mantis page for the bug originally. I didn't use sourceforge to check. If it's in Mantis then I probably overlooked it there.

If I go to sourceforge directly, there's nothing there to indicate that there is a difference between the tar.bz2 and the zip. They have the same name. It would be helpful to label them differently to minimize confusion.

I don't know how difficult it is to generate the two archive files, but it would be nice to choose either one and have it work on all platforms. A piece of software I'm using is cross platform, which means that I have to download both since I work on both platforms.

Thanks for the information and help.

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby lindquist » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:10

the problem with only providing one package is that windows and unix use different line endings. It's nice to have your native lineendings imo.

This also messes up autoconf which needs unix style (IIRC)

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”