ce

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

daves
Home away from home
Home away from home

ce

Postby daves » Thu Dec 06, 2007 17:14

Its awesome to see CE out and about nowadays!! Hope things are going well. I continue to love using this gui system, and look forward to the day when you are fully rengaged!!

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:39

Hi Daves,

it was indeed a pleasant surprise for many people when a few months ago CE suddenly re-appeared.

It is however unknown if he will actually return to the project, but we do know that he is keeping an eye on us again :)
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Dec 08, 2007 15:39

Greetings!

They let me out once a day for exercise; sometimes I use that time to come here, hehe :D

Not looking to get too involved with coding and such things just yet - still trying to sort a few things out, once that's done though who knows ;)

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 23:48

CrazyEddie wrote:They let me out once a day for exercise; sometimes I use that time to come here, hehe :D

:lol:

CrazyEddie wrote:Not looking to get too involved with coding and such things just yet - still trying to sort a few things out, once that's done though who knows ;)

Personally, I think sorting things, writing little docu or wiki articles and all this stuff you currently do (and rackle does a lot as i see) is at least same important then coding !

Rackle
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby Rackle » Fri Jan 11, 2008 01:27

Rackle does the flashy, visible message board posting (although CE has gotten there a few times before me lately) while the others are mainly doing the coding that actually moves Cegui forward.

I'm trying to catch up with them by figuring out how to get Cegui compiling within Netbeans so I can use its profiler and speed up Cegui. And also because I enjoy jumping into very deep waters to learn to swim; I've never touched Unix/Linux/Gnu, never fathomed of the command "./configure" working and "configure" not working while I'm in the same directory, and never seen the inside of a makefile. But I'm doing it nonetheless and enjoy the learning experience.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Jan 12, 2008 08:42

Rackle wrote:...I enjoy jumping into very deep waters to learn to swim ... But I'm doing it nonetheless and enjoy the learning experience.

This is something that a lot of people would benefit from doing, if only once (maybe not those in a work environment, but everybody else definitely). I think it makes a person more self sufficient for those times when help is not available (for whatever reason).

When I was a boy (before the operation?) I would also be 'diving in at the deep end' and just keep going until I had it worked out; it was pretty much the only way of learning anything new of value at the time. I had no reference library such as I do now, in fact, beyond the book(s) that came with the computer I had pretty much nothing (this was like the early '80s). There was no internet to search or forums to ask on. There was nobody to 'mentor' me as such. It was a case of do it on your own or don't do it; literally sink or swim.

Excellent stuff :D

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”