Crazy Eddie's Waffle Thread - Pt. 2

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Crazy Eddie's Waffle Thread - Pt. 2

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Dec 06, 2004 19:55

Well, even though I've been back for just over a week now, I'm sure you'll all be happy to hear that the last couple of days have been “full steam ahead” for development on the system.

Yesterday I coded the missing tab control widget for the WindowsLook scheme; this now completes the widgets that will be available for the first downloadable package. Yesterday also saw the addition of new files that form the core of the resource provider system that '_mental_' has been working on – once the final few parts of that system are in and working, the system will be packaged up and released as version 0.1.0. While still missing some things, the release of this package will be an important milestone to reach, and once that is out of the way, I'll be pushing forwards with much of the stuff currently on the TODO list.

Today I have done some preliminary work to prepare the OpenGL renderer module for CVS inclusion. I currently have this renderer working as part of my private Samples framework system; this basically allows me to select one of the renderers to be used and everything else runs using the same code. Later on this week, the OpenGL renderer will be updated a little with regards to quad queuing and also have some other minor tweaks. One big thing that will be added is optional use of the DevIL image library to load textures from files other than Targas. This renderer will be added to CVS immediately after the 0.1.0 release is made, some may question why it's not being put in before the release, but that's just the decision that I've come to ;) The renderer is still currently available from the original package provided by 'mwstrom' (see the thread “OpenGL Renderer” in the Project Announcements forum).

Also, some more good news! 'Spanky' from the ogre forums has started to write a series of tutorials for CEGUI; while these will mainly aimed at Windows users and the Ogre GUI renderer, much of the content will be applicable to other systems too. The first of these tutorials covers downloading the system from CVS and compilation of the library. The tutorial is in Word 2003 format, and I'll be posting the file for download from tomorrow.

Anyway, that's all from me for now :)

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”