Tree

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

earthsruler
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tree

Postby earthsruler » Wed Jun 25, 2008 06:57

Hey all.

I was playing around with the tree today. Pretty cool :). However I couldn't find a way to resize the tree items, which would be good as it it cutting off the top of the text and the bottom of the branch closed arrow, and the tree doesnt look like its there when there is nothing in the list :S. I updated today so I'm using revision 1776.

I spose I am asking if there are there plans to extend the Tree and TreeItem?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 08:45

Hi,

I have to be honest; I'm not a huge fan of the current tree implementation. Don't get me wrong, it's ok - it generally does the job it's supposed to, and it's better than no tree at all. However, given that the tree uses an approach to content that was already outdated when the tree was added to the system, I think that, perhaps, the addition of the tree in this incarnation this was not as forward thinking as it could, or should, have been.

I intend in the future for us to have a tree widget that uses content that is Window based, probably using the ItemEntry approach.

I'm not certain about the other points you raised. The tree item is hugely based on the old ListboxItem, which report their size requirements back to the owning widget. Perhaps it would be possible to subclass the tree item and override the appropriate member to report a size closer to what it should be (sorry for being Mr. Vague, I have not looked into this too much!)

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”