In Linux?

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

naruto
Just popping in
Just popping in

In Linux?

Postby naruto » Thu Nov 13, 2008 07:01

I use OGRE, I have a code on Windows working perfectly and I'm compiling for Linux, but I got an error with CEGUI.

CEGUI.log :

Code: Select all

12/11/2008 20:04:43 (Error)   Exception: XercesParser::parseXMLFile - An error occurred at line nr. 3306 while parsing XML file 'TaharezLook.looknfeel'.  Additional information: Attribute 'layoutOnwrite' is not declared for element 'PropertyDefinition'
12/11/2008 20:04:43 (Error)   WidgetLookManager::parseLookNFeelSpecification - loading of look and feel data from file 'TaharezLook.looknfeel' has failed.

TaharezLook.looknfeel :

<!--
        TaharezLook/TabContentPane
    -->
    <WidgetLook name="TaharezLook/TabContentPane">
 <!--Line 3306 -->      <PropertyDefinition name="EnableTop" initialValue="0" redrawOnWrite="true" layoutOnwrite="true" />
        <PropertyDefinition name="EnableBottom" initialValue="0" redrawOnWrite="true" layoutOnwrite="true" />
        <ImagerySection name="normal">
            <FrameComponent>

Another piece of CEGUI.log :

12/11/2008 20:04:43 (InfL1)   CEGUI::System singleton created.
12/11/2008 20:04:43 (InfL1)   ---- CEGUI System initialisation completed ----
12/11/2008 20:04:43 (InfL1)   ---- Version 0.5.0 ----
12/11/2008 20:04:43 (InfL1)   ---- Renderer module is: CEGUI::OgreRenderer - Official Ogre based renderer module for CEGUI ----

What is the problem?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07

Hi,

There is a spelling error ("layoutOnwrite") in the looknfeel file there:

PropertyDefinition name="EnableTop" initialValue="0" redrawOnWrite="true" layoutOnwrite="true" />

should be:

PropertyDefinition name="EnableTop" initialValue="0" redrawOnWrite="true" layoutOnWrite="true" />

The second PropertyDefinition has the same error also.

HTH

CE.

naruto
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby naruto » Thu Nov 13, 2008 15:04

Thank you, but now I have some other problems.

CEGUI.log :

13/11/2008 05:54:51 (Error)   Exception: XercesParser::parseXMLFile - An error occurred at line nr. 3486 while parsing XML file 'TaharezLook.looknfeel'.  Additional information: Attribute 'type' is not declared for element 'PropertyDim'
13/11/2008 05:54:51 (Error)   WidgetLookManager::parseLookNFeelSpecification - loading of look and feel data from file 'TaharezLook.looknfeel' has failed.

TaharezLook.looknfeel :

<PropertyDim widget="__auto_TabPane__" name="EnableBottom">
                        <DimOperator op="Multiply">
   <!--Line 3486 -->        <PropertyDim name="TabHeight" type="Height" />
                        </DimOperator>
                    </PropertyDim>

naruto
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby naruto » Thu Nov 13, 2008 15:31

I solved the problem by deleting:

type="Height"

but this does not bring me problems later?

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Thu Nov 13, 2008 17:09

That is odd. Looking at my Falagard.xsd schema, type="Height" should be a valid attribute; however, when looking at the online Falagard specification it is not mentioned: http://www.cegui.org.uk/FalDocs/node41.html

According to the error message, it specifically says:
Attribute 'type' is not declared for element 'PropertyDim'
which obviously means that attribute does not, and cannot, exist for that element.

I'm assuming the attribute is ment to dictate which property of a 2-dimensional object to use (width or height) but looking at the object definition for TabHeight it only has 1-dimension, so I would presume this attribute is not necessary.

Either CE or someone else who is more familiar with this will have to verify.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 19:39

Hi,

Let's get the simple bit out of the way first ;) It would seem the Falagard.xsd you're using is one of the old pre 0.5.0 versions - you should update this to something that corresponds to the CEGUI version in use.

As for the falagard docs, it would seem these are also slightly (very?) out-dated (even the raw latex source versions) - apologies for this. We'll be issuing 0.6.2 sometime shortly, so I will make sure that these get updated properly this time around.

Ok. Explanations :)

The functionality of PropertyDim was expanded to allow us to access a property that describes a unified value - this is where the 'type' attribute is important. Because a unified value contains a scale element that is relative to some dimension, we require the 'type' attribute to tell us what the scale part is relative to (so either Height or Width). If no type attribute is specified, the PropertyDim will default back to the old behaviour and access the property as a simple floating point value - due to this, having removed the type specification, parsing of the property string will fail because the system will be expecting a simple number and not the unified value that it will be getting.

Hope this helps explain PropertyDim, and sorry again for the outdated docs :oops:

CE.

Edit:
P.S. You may be wondering why you're getting all this aggro on Linux and not on Windows. Basically it's because your CEGUI installed on the linux machine was configured with support for Xerces-C++ as the XML parser (which does validation), whereas the Windows version is probably set up to use Expat or something, that does not do the validation (and so allows xml which may not be technically correct, and may exhibit unforeseen issues later - it's always a good idea to check your xml with Xerces :) We have a stand-alone validation tool in SVN for this purpose).

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”