@CE

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

@CE

Postby Jamarr » Wed Feb 11, 2009 19:46

where's the offtopic forum? j/k

I mainly just wanted to say I like your new signature. Especially the bit about posting your cegui.log...lol. Going with the "if these urls are in every other post, /maybe/ some people will read them!?"; I like it. :lol:

I was going to suggest putting a link to the forum guidlines in there too...but then I thought it would be pointless since no one would actually click on that one anyway. I just love this statistic: 1200 users vs 450 views :o

You should add one of those slightly annoying 'agreement' boxes for new users filled with the forum guidlines where you have to scroll to the bottom before you click 'ok'. actually, I just thought of something even better! make them page-through each section of the forum guidlines...so instead of having one big scroll box have 1 scroll box per guidline section! Hey...at least there would be some satisfaction in knowing they had to go through that process before making a thread breaking 1+ guidlines right? :evil:

wait wait...even better! instead of enabling a proceed-like button after they've read a section make them answer 1/2 questions about the section that they have to get right before they can proceed! :twisted:

ok..ok..I admit that last one might be a bit much :wink:

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 09:35

:lol:

I thought a few 'subtle' reminders here and there would be a good way to go; I'm glad you approve! :mrgreen:

Some of your other ideas - especially the 'test questions' are intriguing. Perhaps a full-blown examination on forum etiquette prior to being allowed to post is the way to go? :)

CE.

dmail
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby dmail » Tue Feb 17, 2009 16:33

You should add one of those slightly annoying 'agreement' boxes for new users filled with the forum guidlines where you have to scroll to the bottom before you click 'ok'. actually, I just thought of something even better! make them page-through each section of the forum guidlines...so instead of having one big scroll box have 1 scroll box per guidline section! Hey...at least there would be some satisfaction in knowing they had to go through that process before making a thread breaking 1+ guidlines right?

In an ideal world yes, but this is the internetz.
What generally happens when a user sees this sort of thing is "scroll to the bottom before you click 'ok' " or scroll to each tick box and agree. Just because you have agreed does not mean you have read it which is what you want the user to do.
Have many times have you read a EULA?

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Tue Feb 17, 2009 19:25

lol I know, I was just joking...well...half joking :)

...what's a EULA? :wink:

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:17

I think the only EULA I have ever read is a couple I wrote myself!

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”