Titlebar: Image and text on it

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

saurabh
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Titlebar: Image and text on it

Postby saurabh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 19:21

Hi:

I have a vanilla/EditBox which accepts the password for the application access.
Now when i enter the password then it is visible to everyone who is looking at screen at that time because it is in plain text...

What should i do to avoid this. I looked into vanilla.looknfeel file but did not find any property to solve this issue.

Problem:
1. password text window displaying the password instead of ******
2. RiseonClick property.. Is it available in Vanilla skin type... and is it available on buttons..
3. I wish to put an image on title bar and some text on that .. This text keeps changing... How can i do this... Titlebar --> Image---> Text...

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks
Saurabh

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Titlebar: Image and text on it

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 08:49

Hi,

No log information, no version information, no compiler information, no operating system information, no build configuration information, no information as to how you're creating the editbox nor the properties you're setting on it. It's really not good enough.

1) You need to set a mask codepoint and enable text masking.
2) Yes, it's available for all widget types, since it's a property of the base Window class.
3) Depends.

CE.

saurabh
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby saurabh » Sun Oct 25, 2009 09:06

I am extremely sorry for not providing that information.
I thought that questions are general one and does not require log file and OS related information.

Will take care next time.. for sure...
and will post information on this thread as soon as return to workplace...

Thanks
SJ

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:34

The reason we ask for the log file, is because it contains the versioning information for CEGUI. For the 0.7.x releases it also contains compiler, configuration, operating system and linkage information. The whole point of having that in there and asking people to post is is that we then do not need to ask a bunch of questions regarding that.

Obviously the version is important, since things change and evolve over time. There are guys posting on here who still use the 0.4.x versions (yes, really!) - so without this info we are liable to make assumptions that turn out to be incorrect - thus wasting our time. Which is why there is that note in the 0.7.x log file saying "please do not waste our time" ;) It's far better to post this information and us not need it than not to post it and have us ask for it anyway - since again, this wastes people's time.

Once I get back in December (today is my last day here until then), I am going to be a lot more strict about this - and it will be a case of no log == no reply.

Btw, I'm not having a pop at you personally. Just reiterating (again!) the importance and reasons for posting the log, in the hope that others will read it also, and eventually the message may just begin to sink in :)

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”