Show your appreciation for CEGUI: Make a Donation!

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Show your appreciation for CEGUI: Make a Donation!

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Jan 02, 2010 23:23

While we willingly make CEGUI freely available under the highly permissive MIT license, and contribute additional time on the forums and elsewhere to help users out with any issues they may be having, there is the inescapable fact that the continuing development of CEGUI costs us, the developers, while at the same time saves you, the users, considerable amounts of both time and money.

In order that those users who appreciate our efforts can contribute and give a little something back - to ensure the continued support and development of the CEGUI library and it's related tools - we are happy to announce that we are now accepting monetary donations to the project.

Donations can be made through the Sourceforge.net donation system. If you are put off donating because you feel your contribution would be small and meagre, please do not be, because a hundred users each contributing $10 is far better than three or four contributing $100; all contributions, both large and small, will be greatly appreciated.

To make your donation now, click the button below!

aaron1a12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: Show your appreciation for CEGUI: Make a Donation!

Postby aaron1a12 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 19:00

"We"? :wink: Do you suffer from multiple personality disorder? You are Crazy Eddie :rofl:

Nah, as soon as my project gets done I'll donate a buck or two
I hate BBCode pls enable <b>HTML</b> ;)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 08:52

:lol: Perhaps it's a majestic plural? :P

Ignoring for a moment that over 90% of the code was written by me personally, for most of the life of CEGUI there has in fact been more than just myself working on the project, and choices such as opting in to accept donations were generally made with the consent of those other developers, so at the time we were indeed a 'we' ;)

"We" will be looking out for your donation in the future ;)

CE.

aaron1a12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby aaron1a12 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 17:15

To write a library all by yourself, whoa, how much did it take you? How long did you have to wait till you could have the drink of TRIUMPH? :pint:

(Finally I have an excuse to use the pint smiley, I really couldn't think in what other context it could be used!)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Oct 04, 2010 09:03

Yeah, I wrote the vast majority of the CEGUI lib ;) The project was started seven years ago, still waiting for the drink of triumph, though :lol:

CE

aaron1a12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby aaron1a12 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:27

Seven years ago??? whoa

Jabberwocky
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Oct 06, 2010 08:32

The Salvation Prophecy
Space Combat. Planet Exploration. Strategic Domination.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 09:24

Thanks for posting that link. It's very interesting and also a little worrying :?

CE.

mehwoot
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby mehwoot » Thu Feb 12, 2015 04:20

Is this still the correct way to donate? The donate link on the main website page doesn't work at the moment, maybe something broke when the website went down.

Edit: I hope so, else the donation is now lost in the wind...

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Thu Feb 19, 2015 00:09

mehwoot wrote:Is this still the correct way to donate? The donate link on the main website page doesn't work at the moment, maybe something broke when the website went down.

Edit: I hope so, else the donation is now lost in the wind...

Don't worry, the main page and forum links are identical! If you got to a page saying something about CrazyEddie and it was the official paypal URL then I am sure it was fine. I asked him though if he received something ;), will report back.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 09:22

Hi guys,

As Ident stated, the links and buttons we have around here on the site are all correct and all take you to a paypal page to make your contribution to CrazyEddie's pizza fund! This being said, you may also use paypal directly and send to donations@cegui.org.uk.

As regards to whether we have received any specific payment, obviously that is something that we can't discuss on the forum. If you have any queries regarding a payment you have made, please email me directly (paul@cegui.org.uk) with any concerns you may have - in order to correctly verify any specific payment I would ask that you include the paypal transaction ID - this can be found either in your paypal history or in the verification email you would have received from paypal and the approximate date of the transaction.

And finally, would just like to say thanks to the guys who do make dontaions - on the grand scale of things there are not all that many people who make dontaions, which makes us appreciate those of you that do all the more. Much appreciated guys, cheers :pint:

CE

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”