Can I distribute CEGUI?

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

DozyHole
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Can I distribute CEGUI?

Postby DozyHole » Fri Mar 25, 2011 18:47

Hi, CEGUI has solved all my GUI woes, thanks to all who put this together.

Anyway, I use the DarkGDK DirectX wrapper, its a basic interface for DirectX9. Alot of the community over there are just learning C++ and game development, like me. I was wondering that if I compile CEGUI with DirectX9(August 2007) would I be able to post it over there on the forum, it could just be the base lib, or everything to make it easy for people to get it working.

I may write a very small layer to do some basic things for the most common gadgets along with a small tutorial. If I can't post it then I will still write a tutorial to get people started. We don't have any good GUI options over there, people have written their own small GUI's and shared, but they are always missing things or don't look too great.

Either way, CEGUI has saved the day.

Thanks.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Can I distribute CEGUI?

Postby Kulik » Sat Mar 26, 2011 00:38

CEGUI is released under MIT which is a very very permissive license. If you don't claim you wrote the thing you can pretty much do whatever you want :) (I am not a lawyer)

DozyHole
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: Can I distribute CEGUI?

Postby DozyHole » Sat Mar 26, 2011 23:25

Thanks Kulik,

I'll get started on a tutorial in the next couple of days.

I also have a model converter I wrote a while back but never released it because it had no GUI, so that will be my first small project, after that I have a huge project that nearly got trashed because I had no good GUI :)

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”