Question(s)

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

clotty
Just popping in
Just popping in

Question(s)

Postby clotty » Mon Jul 18, 2005 07:07

Basically, I'm wanting to make a GUI for a football management game I plan to make for windows using C++. I have zero, I repeat zero, experience in creating a GUI and think CEGUI might be a nice easy way to start.

My questions are, is CEGUI a good place to start for a newbie to GUI's like me? How hard is it difficult to learn? Can it be combined with C++? Can it create GUIs that can be used on a Windows OS? And finally, how easy would it be to skin my GUI afterwards and make the look of the game more appealing?

I would also appreciated a run down of what I should download to start now, and then later to skin and also a link to any useful documentation would also be nice.

Thanks in advance. :)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Question(s)

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 08:25

Hi,

I will not give you a load of BS about how easy the system is to use. The unfortunate fact is that many people have a difficult time getting the system integrated with their app. Although once they have things up and running, usually they find the system relatively painless to work with.

I'm not the most objective person to answer questions about ease of use for obvious reasons ;)

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”