CodeBlocks \ Mingw

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

CodeBlocks \ Mingw

Postby dermont » Mon Aug 29, 2005 16:37

Hi, I'm using codeblocks/mingw and a stripped down version of the ogre codeblocks dependencies to compile CEGUI version 0.30. Compilation of CEGUI (with the addition of a few defines)/OGRE CEGUI Renderer and running OGRE all went smoothly and all appears to run correctly.

I've updated and compiled codeblock projects to include OpenGL / DirectX9 /Irrlicht (dont have libraries for DirectX8 ).

The problem is there's no way of testing the other renderers. CVS has appropriate samples should I be using that?.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: CodeBlocks \ Mingw

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Aug 30, 2005 08:35

Hi

I'm happy that you managed to get this compiling and running on Windows using Code::Blocks using the gcc compiler - I did a quick test about a week ago and also found the results very promising.

To answer your question, I'd recommend the 'v0-4' CVS branch; this is what will be released as 0.4.0 very shortly. You'll likely need to set some options in CEGUIConfig.h to define which renderers should be used for the samples (you may also have to adjust a couple of the conditional compile directives).

HTH

CE.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”