Tiling window edges in Falagard?

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

shalinor
Just popping in
Just popping in

Tiling window edges in Falagard?

Postby shalinor » Sun Apr 30, 2006 20:10

How do I specify to Falagard that it should tile the border imagery of a window?

It seems strange at best that it would allow a tiled background but not tiled edges, so surely I'm just missing something?

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby lindquist » Sun Apr 30, 2006 20:47

Instead of FrameComponent you will have to use a ImageryComponent for each part.

FrameComponent unfortunately only supports formatting for the background part atm.

HTH

shalinor
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby shalinor » Sun Apr 30, 2006 20:56

You mean to say that I'll need to build a window completely on my own? Using a separate image component for the main window / background, then all four edges, then all four corners (one being a close button and one being the resize point)? Effectively losing FrameWindow as a class, and having to fake it with my own images?

It seems like it would be far more efficient for me to just add the property and modify the rendering code of the window.

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby lindquist » Mon May 01, 2006 02:36

Are we both talking Falagard?

Sneftel
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Sneftel » Tue May 02, 2006 16:56

I think the disconnect here, is that FrameWindow and FrameComponent are only incidentally similar. FrameWindow is a widget which acts like a resizable window and which has a titlebar, a close box, and resize handles. FrameComponent is a rendering component which renders its area as corners, stretched edges, and a custom-formatted center. There's no real NEED for FrameComponent; it could easily be implemented as nine ImageryComponents instead (or three ImageryComponents and one FrameWindow, or two FrameWindows, or....), and FrameWindow doesn't care whether it's rendered as FrameComponents or ImageryComponents. In your case, if you want all four edges tiled, you'd be doing it the nine-ImageryComponents way. (Or, more likely, six ImageryComponents, and more in the close box and the titlebar.) Regardless of how you render it, though, the functionality is preserved.

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby lindquist » Tue May 02, 2006 16:59

yes. this was kinda my point. When did the FrameWindow get mixed into it?

Return to “Help”