XML reading bug ?

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 16:31

XML reading bug ?

Postby Pompei2 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 19:28

Hello, I sumbled over this strange behaivour that, for me, is a bug:

Code: Select all

<Window Type="SleekSpace/FrameWindow" Name="Welcome">
   <Property Name="UnifiedPosition" Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedSize"     Value="{{0.5,0},{0.5,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMaxSize"  Value="{{0.8,0},{0.8,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMinSize"  Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
</window>

(not the complete file)

This code works perfectly, but as I'm a person that like things to be aligned, I want to write this:

Code: Select all

<Window Type="SleekSpace/FrameWindow" Name="Welcome">
   <Property Name="UnifiedPosition" Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedSize"     Value="{{0.5 ,0},{0.5 ,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMaxSize"  Value="{{0.8 ,0},{0.8 ,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMinSize"  Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
</window>


And I run my program again and woeps ! Strange ... The height of my window is now the minimum (0.25) and I can't change it !! But the width is right and I can change it like intended.

I'd like to know if this is a bug in CEGUI and if yes, will it be fixed for the official release 0.5.0 ?

ah yes, I use TinyXML as parser and didn't try it on an other parser yet (didn't compile any other parser, in fact.)

User avatar
Dalfy
CEGUI Team (Retired)
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 16:13
Location: Paris, FRANCE
Contact:

Re: XML reading bug ?

Postby Dalfy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 13:32

Pompei2 wrote:Hello, I sumbled over this strange behaivour that, for me, is a bug:

Code: Select all

<Window Type="SleekSpace/FrameWindow" Name="Welcome">
   <Property Name="UnifiedPosition" Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedSize"     Value="{{0.5,0},{0.5,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMaxSize"  Value="{{0.8,0},{0.8,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMinSize"  Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
</window>

(not the complete file)

There is a problem with your file because it should be </Window> instead of </window>. your document is not an XML document. It's strange tiny accept it or its a typo in the post.

Pompei2 wrote:This code works perfectly, but as I'm a person that like things to be aligned, I want to write this:

Code: Select all

<Window Type="SleekSpace/FrameWindow" Name="Welcome">
   <Property Name="UnifiedPosition" Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedSize"     Value="{{0.5 ,0},{0.5 ,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMaxSize"  Value="{{0.8 ,0},{0.8 ,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMinSize"  Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
</window>


And I run my program again and woeps ! Strange ... The height of my window is now the minimum (0.25) and I can't change it !! But the width is right and I can change it like intended.

I'd like to know if this is a bug in CEGUI and if yes, will it be fixed for the official release 0.5.0 ?

ah yes, I use TinyXML as parser and didn't try it on an other parser yet (didn't compile any other parser, in fact.)


It's not a bug. The property format is fixed and does not include spaces in the definition.

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 16:31

Re: XML reading bug ?

Postby Pompei2 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 19:37

Dalfy wrote:
Pompei2 wrote:Hello, I sumbled over this strange behaivour that, for me, is a bug:

Code: Select all

<Window Type="SleekSpace/FrameWindow" Name="Welcome">
   <Property Name="UnifiedPosition" Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedSize"     Value="{{0.5,0},{0.5,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMaxSize"  Value="{{0.8,0},{0.8,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMinSize"  Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
</window>

(not the complete file)

There is a problem with your file because it should be </Window> instead of </window>. your document is not an XML document. It's strange tiny accept it or its a typo in the post.

Yea It's a typo, but i didn't know xml is case sensitive, good to know.

Dalfy wrote:
Pompei2 wrote:This code works perfectly, but as I'm a person that like things to be aligned, I want to write this:

Code: Select all

<Window Type="SleekSpace/FrameWindow" Name="Welcome">
   <Property Name="UnifiedPosition" Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedSize"     Value="{{0.5 ,0},{0.5 ,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMaxSize"  Value="{{0.8 ,0},{0.8 ,0}}" />
   <Property Name="UnifiedMinSize"  Value="{{0.25,0},{0.25,0}}" />
</window>


And I run my program again and woeps ! Strange ... The height of my window is now the minimum (0.25) and I can't change it !! But the width is right and I can change it like intended.

I'd like to know if this is a bug in CEGUI and if yes, will it be fixed for the official release 0.5.0 ?

ah yes, I use TinyXML as parser and didn't try it on an other parser yet (didn't compile any other parser, in fact.)


It's not a bug. The property format is fixed and does not include spaces in the definition.

Oh ok didn't know this too :(
But thank you for your quick reply.

PapiRauk
Just popping in
Just popping in
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:21

Postby PapiRauk » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:21

Tip: Instead of spaces you could add 0 (zero) causing the pretty fields to line up :wink:
It's hip to be square, it's hipper to be a triangle..

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 16:31

Postby Pompei2 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 20:47

hehe very good idea, i love it to be all aligned, thank you ! :)
shame on me that i didn't think of it before :oops:


Return to “Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests