Resizing windows without resizing cegui elements.

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Nudel
Just popping in
Just popping in

Resizing windows without resizing cegui elements.

Postby Nudel » Mon Nov 13, 2006 09:20

Is it possible, to resize the render window without rescaling cegui elements?
In all the demos, the gui looks blury at higher resolutions. Id like it to behave more like windows applications. The text size should stay the same too.

vasmann
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Resizing windows without resizing cegui elements.

Postby vasmann » Mon Nov 13, 2006 09:30

Nudel wrote:Is it possible, to resize the render window without rescaling cegui elements?
In all the demos, the gui looks blury at higher resolutions. Id like it to behave more like windows applications. The text size should stay the same too.

I am not shure, but take a look at CEGUI Layout editor, create simple layout - one frame window and two or more child windows for that frame, and instead of Right/Left/Top/Bottom Scales set Right/Left/Top/Bottom Offset - and when you will cahnge Frame window size - childs will not. Then save layout and open in editor you like and see what properties are set.

Thank you.

Guess I was helpfull.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:19

Hi,

Yes this is possible. Just ensure that your dimensions use only the absolute 'pixel'/'offset' portion of the UDims and set the 'scale' components to 0.

If you're talking about imagesets and fonts (which I think you are, based on your text size comment), you just have to set the AutoScaled setting to "False" in the .imageset and .font files.

When you talk about the demos, which renderer are you using? And how are you changing resolution? - the samples framework runs in windowed mode.

CE.

Nudel
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Nudel » Mon Nov 13, 2006 15:43

Thanks, works well now. :D
Except for some elements like buttons, but its only noticable if i make them realy huge.

When you talk about the demos, which renderer are you using? And how are you changing resolution? - the samples framework runs in windowed mode.

I was using the direct3d renderer for the demos in the newest precompiled cegui sdk and changed the resolution by dragging one of the corners of the window. but ive also tried an ogre application and changed resolution at start with the config dialogue. using offsets instead of scale and disabling auto scale changed it the way i wanted.

Return to “Help”