CEGUI on OS X - xcode build problems

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Duke
Just popping in
Just popping in

CEGUI on OS X - xcode build problems

Postby Duke » Sun Feb 04, 2007 19:52

When building CEGUI I get an error indicating that the file "ft2build.h" can't be found. However, this file does exist - it's in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/include.

In the project build settings, the directory /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk is listed in the SDK Path setting.

In /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include there is a link "X11" to "../X11R6/include/X11", and freetype2 is in /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 (as mentioned above, ft2build.h is one up from this.)

freetype-config --cflags has "-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2". /usr/X11R6/include contains a directory "freetype2" which contains a directory "freetype" which contains freetype headers. ft2build.h is also in /usr/X11R6/include.

Adding any of the aforementioned paths to the header search paths in the project build settings doesn't seem to help.

Another thing I should mention: the files CEGUIFontManager_implData.h and CEGUIFont_implData.h were missing after I expanded the CEGUI source package (resulting in build errors.) I went into the SVN repository for CEGUI 0.4 (I'm using 0.5) and pulled the files out of there and dropped them into the source tree. I don't know if I should have done that or not.

Thanks in advance.

I should mention - the offending file is CEGUIFreeTypeFont.h, line 37, included by src/CEGUIFontManager.cpp.

Return to “Help”