Problem with undefined class

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

danharibo
Just popping in
Just popping in

Problem with undefined class

Postby danharibo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 18:45

Code: Select all

c:\documents and settings\dan\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\ror\ror_edit\ror_edit\window_save.cpp(10) : error C2664: 'void CEGUI::Window::addChildWindow(const CEGUI::String &)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'CEGUI::FrameWindow *' to 'const CEGUI::String &'
        Reason: cannot convert from 'CEGUI::FrameWindow *' to 'const CEGUI::String'
        No constructor could take the source type, or constructor overload resolution was ambiguous
c:\documents and settings\dan\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\ror\ror_edit\ror_edit\window_save.cpp(11) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'CEGUI::FrameWindow'
        c:\ogresdk\include\cegui\ceguiforwardrefs.h(80) : see declaration of 'CEGUI::FrameWindow'
c:\documents and settings\dan\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\ror\ror_edit\ror_edit\window_save.cpp(11) : error C2227: left of '->setPosition' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
c:\documents and settings\dan\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\ror\ror_edit\ror_edit\window_save.cpp(12) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'CEGUI::FrameWindow'
        c:\ogresdk\include\cegui\ceguiforwardrefs.h(80) : see declaration of 'CEGUI::FrameWindow'
c:\documents and settings\dan\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\ror\ror_edit\ror_edit\window_save.cpp(12) : error C2227: left of '->setSize' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
c:\documents and settings\dan\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\ror\ror_edit\ror_edit\window_save.cpp(13) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'CEGUI::FrameWindow'
c:\documents and settings\dan\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\ror\ror_edit\ror_edit\window_save.cpp(13) : error C2227: left of '->setText' must point to class/struct/union/generic type

I have no idea how to fix this, thanks.

spannerman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby spannerman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 21:37

Post the small of section of code where this happens. If I was a guessing man I'd saw you were passing a FrameWindow into a function that instead needs a CEGUI::String.

Return to “Help”