VS2005 Project Directory

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Technetux
Just popping in
Just popping in

VS2005 Project Directory

Postby Technetux » Wed Jul 25, 2007 00:42

Does anyone have a VS2005 project directory with a simple CEGUI example, I cant get it to work so i want to compare linkers and all that stuff. Preferably using SDL and OpenGL but not required.

lymantok
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby lymantok » Sat Jul 28, 2007 23:04

Here is what I did to get an example running. I use msvc 2005 as well and directx3d 9. You will have to change your paths as apporpriate for you system of course. Note: I had to rebuild cegui from source because I could not get the precomplied binaries to work with directx3d 9. Good luck!

MSVC 8.0 and CEGUI Project Setup

First right click on the name of your project, and choose "properties". Then proceed to the menu "Linker->General", and click on the "..." in the "additional library directories" field. Then add the following names:

The correct path is: “D:\Personal\Privateer\CrazyEddies-GUI-System\CEGUI-Source-Building-from-Scratch\CEGUI-0.5.0b-source\CEGUI-0.5.0\lib";"D:\Personal\Privateer\CrazyEddies-GUI-System\CEGUI-Source-Building-from-Scratch\CEGUI-0.5.0b-source\CEGUI-0.5.0\bin".

Then proceed to the menu "Linker->Input", and click on the "..." in the "additional library directories" field. Then add the following names: CEGUIBase_d.lib.

Next, click on "C++->General" and add the following directory to the includes list (“Additional include directories”). The correct path is: “D:\Personal\Privateer\CrazyEddies-GUI-System\CEGUI-Source-Building-from-Scratch\CEGUI-0.5.0b-source\CEGUI-0.5.0\include". Now the compiler can find the include files used by CEGUI.

Repeat the above as well for other build modes (eg: Release/Debug mode), except the library list is different (no CEGUI debug DLL's, notice the lack of _d at the end of the filenames).

----------

MSVC 8.0 and CEGUI DLL Installation

Copy CEGUI*_d.dll to your project debug folder.
Copy DirectX9GUIRenderer_d.dll to your project debug folder.
Copy CEGUI*.dll to your project release folder.
Copy DirectX9GUIRenderer.dll to your project debug folder.

---------

Add the following to your main “.h” file.
//CEGUI:
#include "CEGui.h"
#include "CEGUIPropertyHelper.h"
#include "RendererModules\directx9GUIRenderer\d3d9renderer.h"

using namespace CEGUI;

#ifdef _MSC_VER
# if defined(DEBUG) || defined (_DEBUG)
# pragma comment (lib, "DirectX9GUIRenderer_d.lib")
# else
# pragma comment (lib, "DirectX9GUIRenderer.lib")
# endif
#endif

Return to “Help”