problem about CEGUI's font

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

foruok
Just popping in
Just popping in

problem about CEGUI's font

Postby foruok » Fri Mar 14, 2008 01:29

I come from China. I try to use CEGUI, and I want show Chinese in my project. I followed some articles to do this(provide a .font file and a .ttf file, create font from c++, save as the file which contains Chinese words to UTF8 format...), and now I can show it.

But the memory occupancy increase a lot! I guess CEGUI create a texture for every "word", when I load Chinese font, more than ten thousand of glyphs are created, at the same time, 20M memory gone, and the startup became slowly....

How can I avoid this problem?

Does anyone know it ? I use DIRECTX9. If I use ID3DXFont interface shipped with the SDK, could the problem be solved?

This is my first post after I learn CEGUI four days. Thanks for any suggestion.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 09:59

Hi and welcome :),

i am not sure whether you also looked at articles in the forums, but you might decrease the number of glyps which get created. Did you also search for 'GlyphRange'. This is a way of telling Cegui to not create all glyphs which could possibly in the font. Not all of the posts lead to a good solution, but they might lead to a clue :)

HTH.
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

foruok
Just popping in
Just popping in

I'll do it

Postby foruok » Tue Mar 18, 2008 01:30

Thanks a lot. I'll try it.

Return to “Help”