Skin licensing question...

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

prager
Just popping in
Just popping in

Skin licensing question...

Postby prager » Sun Mar 23, 2008 15:57

Hi,

I have finished better part of the AquaLook skin and I want to publish it... But as I am not an expert in the licensing stuff, just wanted to ask - is it possible to make a licence like "free for any purpose, just pls send me an email if you are going to use it in an application, and if you make any changes / fixes / enhancements to the original files, pls send me this update so I can keep the skin up-to-date"...

And another thing - if I add the skin to the skins section of cegui website, is it possible to reupload it / change the desctription later?

Thanks!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Mar 24, 2008 08:15

Hi,

Glad to hear the skin is nearly finished ;)

With regards to licensing, I am not certain if a license already exists that makes the stipulations you require. Since the files are your copyright, and as such the accompanying license can be written any way you like and have any limitations you like, all you need to do is put those requirements in a text file that accompanies the skin package - and the job is done.

The cegui skin site does not host the files directly - it just holds a link to where the file can be found. If you absolutely have no possibility of hosting the file yourself and need somebody to host the file, I could do that for you ;)

The description and other details can be modified afterwards by inputting a password entered when creating the skin entry initially.

HTH

CE.

Return to “Help”