StaticImage Image Alpha (Independent of Window Alpha)

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

daves
Home away from home
Home away from home

StaticImage Image Alpha (Independent of Window Alpha)

Postby daves » Wed Jun 25, 2008 15:41

Is it possible to set the Alpha of the Image displayed within a StaticImage window, independent of the window alpha? In particular I want to make sure that the Frame visual element is not impacted by my alpha setting. Currently the Frame is impacted by the window alpha.

I do see that there is a property called ImageColours... Not sure what this property does since the image colors are really drawn from the image itself.

Thanks in advance.

daves
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby daves » Wed Jun 25, 2008 16:40

We just saw the problem in windowed mode, and indeed the surrounding windows environment was fine. Let me describe one more peculiar behaviour. Our system uses both Ogre and Cegui. We have a simple "cegui-based control panel" that shows at the top of our application .. and then we have the main scene. When this problem occurs we see the following:
1] the gui simply dissappears (cant see any of the cegui controls, but can interact with them - as i said we are able to click on buttons and the buttons result in callbacks being invoked .. tested this yet again with logout buttons)
2] the scene itself is basically there, but it changes color (sort of a washed out red mostly), and it is non-responsive to our hotkey pan/zoom controls

We'll post before/after screenshots.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 07:53

Hi,

For the first post, the ImageColours property is IIRC a colour rect type property that allows you to set the colour, including alpha, of each corner of the image (the property value is of the form: "tl:aarrggbb tr:aarrggbb bl:aarrggbb br:aarrggbb" - these colours are modulative (so you can't for example turn a red image green!).

I'm not certain I understand what's happening in the second post :?

CE.

daves
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby daves » Thu Jun 26, 2008 14:13

heh.. that second post was supposed to go on the ogre forum... i was confused.. sorry!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 17:52

daves wrote:i was confused.. sorry!

Heh, me too! :lol:

Return to “Help”