Before you go off to fend for yourself, we ask that you first read this posting and the other materials mentioned below, this will ensure that your introduction to CEGUI is as painless as possible, and that your stay in CEGUI land is as productive and rewarding as possible.
We understand that when starting out with any new library things can seem pretty daunting. CEGUI is no different in this respect, and in fact appears quite complex, even baffling, to many new comers. Do not let this put you off – this site, the forums, active members in the community and even the CEGUI developers are all here to help.
In order to get newcomers up to speed as quickly as possible, this post will direct you to various materials – all we ask is that you take some time to read this stuff, and in the case of tutorial articles, study them thoroughly. This will mean that when you do come to ask for assistance, you will have some basic foundational understanding of CEGUI.
The Very First Thing to Read!
- Forum Usage Guidelines – guidelines on how to get the most from the forums.
- Download Packages and SDKs – get the preprepared source code / binary packages.
Getting source from SVN – get the source code from the Subversion repository.
- The Beginners Guide to Getting CEGUI Rendering.
The Beginners Guide to resource loading with ResourceProviders.
The Beginners Guide to Data Files and Defaults Initialisation.
The Beginner Guide to Creating a CEGUI Window.
The Beginner Guide to Injecting Inputs.
- TaharezLook properties - Properties available for the TaharezLook skin.
WindowsLook properties - Properties available for the WindowsLook skin.
- Main CEGUI Developer Documentation and API reference. – The classes, what they can do, and how to call them.
Falagard Skinning System Manual - CrazyEddie's manual on all things 'Falagard'.
Well, that should be enough to get most people started. We hope you find CEGUI useful.
The CEGUI Team.