Render limitation?

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

jaguillard
Just popping in
Just popping in

Render limitation?

Postby jaguillard » Thu Mar 05, 2009 19:13

I'm trying to draw a large number of CEGUI StaticImages to the screen, but once I reach about 1000 objects, some of the windows won't draw until others have been deleted. Is there a limitation set into CEGUI or Ogre to only render so many of them? If so, can it be disabled?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Mar 05, 2009 19:50

Hi,

Yes this limitation exists within the CEGUI code, and to be honest, there's no good reason for it. It's a left-over from years back which was never really addressed (the in-progress renderer rewrite does remove this limitation).

If you want to change this yourself, currently you'll have to look in the file src/CEGUIRenderer.cpp and you'll see this:

Code: Select all

const float   Renderer::GuiZInitialValue      = 1.0f;
const float   Renderer::GuiZElementStep      = 0.001f;      // this is enough for 1000 Windows.
const float   Renderer::GuiZLayerStep         = 0.0001f;      // provides space for 10 layers per Window.

It's a matter of changing those and rebuilding I'm afraid :-/

HTH

CE.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Thu Mar 05, 2009 19:59

there are like 4 other threads on this topic...search is your friend.

Return to “Help”