Can i draw a 2d diagram on the CEGUI

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

lw89
Just popping in
Just popping in

Can i draw a 2d diagram on the CEGUI

Postby lw89 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 16:00

At moment, i want to output a reasult from my program use a diagram. i thinking use a static text windows, and draw a parabola on it.

is CEGUI pravide function to draw a line. if not, is any idea to do it. i use OgreSDK.

thanks

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Can i draw a 2d diagram on the CEGUI

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 17:57

Currently we have no functions for drawing lines and such; this may be added for a future release - perhaps 0.8.0 or 0.9.0.

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 08:22

For the current releases, the information hinted at in the reply you got over on the Ogre forum is the way to go; you need to use some external means of rendering / copying your drawing to a texture, you then use that texture as the basis for a CEGUI::Imageset, define an Image for the area that incorporates the drawing, and then use that Imageset/Image as the one you set for a StaticImage (the actual specifics of setting up the texture, imageset and image have been covered many times and is also demonstrated in the Ogre 'Gui' sample).

CE.

lw89
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby lw89 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 09:12

Thank you for replay me, i will thinking your suggestion. thank u very much

Return to “Help”