Link problem on Visual with 0.6.2

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

xabila
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Link problem on Visual with 0.6.2

Postby xabila » Wed Oct 28, 2009 07:15

Hi,
I'm trying to compile my application from linux to windows (visual 9) and i can't find wich lib to add in order to get the TooltipProperties link.

1>TooltipGVT.obj : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu "public: virtual void __thiscall CEGUI::TooltipProperties::FadeTime::set(class CEGUI::PropertyReceiver *,class CEGUI::String const &)" (?set@FadeTime@TooltipProperties@CEGUI@@UAEXPAVPropertyReceiver@3@ABVString@3@@Z)

it works on linux, but maybe it's not exported on windows?
Thanks

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Re: Link problem on Visual with 0.6.2

Postby scriptkid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 13:56

Hi,

To my knowledge, the tooltipproperties are part of the CeguiBase lib. I assume you got Cegui inself to build correctly?

How do you use cegui? Dynamic or static?
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

xabila
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby xabila » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:00

Well dynamic
But elements stuff don't seem to be exported.
I don't see the symbols on CEGUIBase.dll with dependency walker, and no define dllexport on tooltipproperties...

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Thu Oct 29, 2009 19:29

First off, as Scriptkid eluded too, are you using the pre-compiled binaries or did you compile CEGUI yourself?

In regards to the linker error, as Scriptkit also mentioned, you need to have the appropriate .lib (library) files specified in your project so that your linker can find the appropriate symbols. So we need to know what .lib files you are linking against. These are typically specified in configuration->linker->input->additional dependencies, though can be included by other means. You also need to verify that the linker can find those library files, typically specified in configuration->linker->general->additional library directories.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

xabila
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby xabila » Fri Oct 30, 2009 06:42

:lol: i know how to compile a project on visual ...
Yes i was using the precompiled binairies.
So i dowloaded the source and i modify the CEGUITooltipProperties.h in order to add the CEGUIEXPORT flag on HoverTime, DisplayTime and FadeTime and now it's OK.

Return to “Help”