Different text look

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

mukai
Just popping in
Just popping in

Different text look

Postby mukai » Wed Nov 04, 2009 21:04

Hi.
I have small problem with text look. I'm using CELayoutEditor for make layout file and everything is fine but when i load this layout to my game somethings look different. It isn't big difference but it's. In editor it looks better so why it Can't look the same in game.

Upper is from game, lower from editor. I painted yellow lines to show you what I mean. Same problem is with button's text but button is smaller so difference is smaller too.

Van
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: Different text look

Postby Van » Wed Nov 04, 2009 23:44

Is your screen resolution the same? The CEGUIEditor rendering resolution is fixed to pre-set options (Menu->View->Make Exactly xxx). If you are running your game in a different resolution it may appear slightly different (especially if you use Wide Screen resolutions).

mukai
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby mukai » Thu Nov 05, 2009 08:12

Yes, is the same. I use Menu->View->Make Exactly 1024 x 768 and game resolution is 1024 x 768 too. I think it's something with text align because each text is a bit lower then it should.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Thu Nov 05, 2009 15:00

Hi,

It looks more as if there is some anti-aliasing going on in the editor, which is not happening in the game. The text looks a bit more sharp in-game.

Do you explicitely set the Font property of your layout, or do you rely on default fonts, which might be different in game from the editor?
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

mukai
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby mukai » Thu Nov 05, 2009 16:11

I tried run my game with differents anti-aliasing value, didn't help. I set font in layout file like that:

Code: Select all

<Property Name="Font" Value="Houdini-10" />

I use exactly the same font, imageset, scheme and looknfeel files in both game and editor. I figured out that editor use OpenGL (I found OpenGLGUIRenderer.dll in editor folder) and thought it can be problem because I use Direct in my game but when i change it to OpenGl it didn't help.

mukai
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby mukai » Thu Nov 05, 2009 21:40

I made this today to show exactly what is my problem.
Windows look exactly the same but text is rendering different (left windows from game right from editor)
Now the question is how to make game render text like editor do (in practice it looks much better).

Return to “Help”