scale cursor

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

lw89
Just popping in
Just popping in

scale cursor

Postby lw89 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 01:07

HI CE:

Can i scale the cursor, is any function aviable or i need setup in the xml file. I find scale value in the TaharezLook.looknfeel, but i dont know how to work with that.

thank you in advance

agamemnus
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: scale cursor

Postby agamemnus » Sat Apr 24, 2010 17:19

I don't see any way to do this. However, you can use three approaches:

Firstly, if you are just looking to scale the cursor according to the size of your window screen, you can use something like 'NativeHorzRes="800" NativeVertRes="600" AutoScaled="true"' inside your Imageset tag. The cursor will scale 1:1 on a 800x600 screen with those settings. If the res values are bigger, the cursor will be bigger.

Second, you can attempt to scale the texture itself but I'm not sure how at the moment. (I think it would depend on what renderer you use.)

Third, if you are looking to change the mouse cursor a lot or have "more than one mouse cursor", you could just create window(s) with the image and imageset type of the mouse cursor and/or use a window that constantly changes its position according to the mouse position instead.

lw89
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby lw89 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 00:36

thanks for replay, i use first approaches to get what i want, just everything is became bigger.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 09:23

If you want options to set the mouse cursor size explicitly or to set a mouse image scaling factor, I can add those as feature requests if you like. Let me know :)

CE.

lw89
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby lw89 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:27

that is great, i think you should have a function to setup the size for cursor, something like staticImage.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Apr 28, 2010 13:37

I added a request to our mantis tracker - so this should get added sometime soon (since it's pretty simple to do).

CE.

Return to “Help”