Problem about onMouseDoubleClicked

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

houhou_x
Just popping in
Just popping in

Problem about onMouseDoubleClicked

Postby houhou_x » Sat Sep 25, 2010 08:25

Hi,
I have two problem about onMouseDoubleClicked.

Code: Select all

if (d_generateMouseClickEvents && ma.window->wantsMultiClickEvents())
        {
            switch (tkr.d_click_count)
            {
            case 1:
                ma.window->onMouseButtonDown(ma);
                break;

case 2:
                ma.window->onMouseDoubleClicked(ma);
                break;

case 3:
                ma.window->onMouseTripleClicked(ma);     
                break;
            }
        }

1).If d_generateMouseClickEvents is true, onMouseDoubleClicked is not handled by CEGUI, so the game app recieved the event.(onMouseTripleClicked also)
2).Whether onMouseButtonDown will be fired before onMouseDoubleClicked or onMouseTripleClicked?

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Problem about onMouseDoubleClicked

Postby Jamarr » Tue Sep 28, 2010 19:09

Please post in the correct forum next time.

houhou_x wrote:1).If d_generateMouseClickEvents is true, onMouseDoubleClicked is not handled by CEGUI, so the game app recieved the event.(onMouseTripleClicked also)

I assume what you mean to say here is that the Double- and Triple-click events are not treated the same as the ButtonDown event in the sense that ButtonDown always marks the event as handled, where as Double- and Triple-click do not. If this is the case, then I would agree this inconsistency should be corrected - double or triple (or any form of) clicking on a window (even if nothing happens) should return true from the System::inject* methods - this can essentially be translated to activating the window (even if it is already active). To put it another way, this ensures that click-events do not 'pass-through' the window when pass-through is disabled. I think this is a bug - hopefully CE will see it that way as well.

2).Whether onMouseButtonDown will be fired before onMouseDoubleClicked or onMouseTripleClicked?

By default, yes. If you have wantsMultiClickEvents enabled, no - note however this requires that you inject the double- and triple-click events yourself via injectMouseButtonDoubleClick/injectMouseButtonTripleClick. You can find more on this discussion by searching the forums (as you did before posting, right?):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4000&hilit=double+click
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4034&p=19743&hilit=cooked+events
http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=299
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Problem about onMouseDoubleClicked

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 09:22

Jamarr wrote:I assume what you mean to say here is that the Double- and Triple-click events are not treated the same as the ButtonDown event in the sense that ButtonDown always marks the event as handled, where as Double- and Triple-click do not. If this is the case, then I would agree this inconsistency should be corrected - double or triple (or any form of) clicking on a window (even if nothing happens) should return true from the System::inject* methods - this can essentially be translated to activating the window (even if it is already active). To put it another way, this ensures that click-events do not 'pass-through' the window when pass-through is disabled. I think this is a bug - hopefully CE will see it that way as well.

I'll add the injectMouseButtonDown return inconsistency to mantis as a bug.

CE.

Return to “Help”