No libCEGUIBase.a when compiling source --enable-static

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Browser12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

No libCEGUIBase.a when compiling source --enable-static

Postby Browser12 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 18:05

Hello,

I seem to be missing libCEGUIBase.a, after configuring the build using:

Code: Select all

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-static=yes --disable-shared CPPFLAGS="-DCEGUI_STATIC"

I'm not entirely sure why this is the case. I have all other .a files by doing this. What other information would help solve this problem?
This is version 0.7.2. I'm not entirely familiar with compiling source into static libraries, so please let me know if I'm doing this wrong.

Thanks!

Browser12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: No libCEGUIBase.a when compiling source --enable-static

Postby Browser12 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 05:13

Bump? Does this work for others? If so I will assume it's 'Just Me'.. :[

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 08:04

This is the first time I saw this post!

You appear to be doing things correctly, I'm not sure why it should not work - I assume there are no errors or warnings output regarding the build? I will make some attempt to test the build myself later today, though I can't promise that I'll actually get around to it :)

I have to ask if there is any compelling reason you're using 0.7.2 as opposed to 0.7.5 (assuming that's still the case)?

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 13:58

I tested this, and the lib was created fine for me (and the sample apps produced ran fine). I used the following configure invocation on the current code from stable v0-7 branch:

./configure --enable-static --disable-shared

i.e I did not put the =yes nor set CPPFLAGS, it should not really matter, but I guess it's possible that these differences are significant.

I did not, however, run 'make install'. Maybe the issue lies there, but I do not think so, since whether to produce .so or .a is basically under the control of libtool here, so I don't know what else to suggest at the moment.

CE.

Browser12
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Browser12 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 18:53

Thanks for the reply!

I don't recall at this point what my motivation was for using 0.7.2, so I've moved to 0.7.5 and the problem is gone.

Before doing so, I did try re-configuring/compiling/installing 0.7.2 with various sets of options. I tried

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-static --disable-shared

to no avail. I had the same problem (all the other .a's, but no libCEGUIBase.a). Non-static libraries were all there.

At this point I'm just going to chalk it up to mysterious time-space anomalies and enjoy my shiny new 0.7.5.. I haven't seen anyone else with this problem so I'm not sure it's worth looking into.

Return to “Help”