CEGUI & Dx11 Effect Error

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

CEGUI & Dx11 Effect Error

Postby belkacem » Wed Jan 12, 2011 17:23

Hi

i have a problem with CEGUI whene i try to link it with direct3d11 , i catch the error

Code: Select all

"CEGUI::RendererException in file c:\cegui-0.7.5\cegui\src\renderermodules\direct3d11\ceguidirect3d11renderer.cpp(312) : Direct3D11Renderer: failed to create effect!"

i find a topic that describe the same problem ( not exactly error but same problem , the effect problem )

http://cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5226&p=25010&hilit=DirectX11+effect#p25010.

i don't understand the solution at all they said

DXD11Effects(D).lib is the problem. You simply have to rebuild the Effect11 sample (of the current DX SDK) and rename the outcoming lib-file to the correct name. Replace it, recompile CEGUI, and you're done.

but what mean About rebuild the Effect11 sample !!!!!!!!

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: CEGUI & Dx11 Effect Error

Postby belkacem » Thu Jan 13, 2011 18:20

where are u

pls i need Ur help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 19:48

First of all, you are posting in the wrong forum.

Secondly, who do you think you are to come here and basically demand we reply to you? Damn you. You will get a reply if someone sees fit to reply, if nobody replies to you, that's hard luck. People do not come here solely for the benefit of the likes of you.

Thirdly, as it states in the forum guidelines: there will be times when people do not know the answer. This forum is not the 'fountain of knowledge' for all to come and drink from. For example, I have no real clue about DX11, and I have no DX11 level hardware to test on - I imagine there are a lot of people in the same situation.

Fourthly, if you can't fathom out how to rebuild the Effect11 library, then chances are you do not have the experience level to begin to use CEGUI - because as I've said a million times, it's not targeted at inexperienced programmers. Yes, you learn and gain experience by doing, so sometimes it's good to 'jump in the deep end'. But if you're going to do that...

...we come to my final point...

As it states in the forum guidelines: we are not your mother! This means, we are not here to wipe your arse for you. And that means that sometimes you have to work things out for yourself. Yeah, maybe that's tough, but such is life. You have to suck it up and get on with it.

Thanks for wasting my time.

CE

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby belkacem » Fri Jan 14, 2011 07:19

first : its true that i write in wrong forum but , are you angel , do not make mistakes , and never wrong .

Secondly, who do you think you are to come here and basically demand we reply to you? Damn you. You will get a reply if someone sees fit to reply, if nobody replies to you, that's hard luck. People do not come here solely for the benefit of the likes of you

thanks for u impolite word ( Shane on you ) , its public forum , and i am member of the this forum i have duties and rights and i post a question and your duty is to reply , if u dont just enplane my probleme and i will
to try to find my solution .

Thirdly, as it states in the forum guidelines: there will be times when people do not know the answer. This forum is not the 'fountain of knowledge' for all to come and drink from. For example, I have no real clue about DX11, and I have no DX11 level hardware to test on - I imagine there are a lot of people in the same situation.

thats true this is forum guidelines and not a fountain of knowledge but this forum is for CEGUI Library and i use it so any think about CEGUI problem i will post it her to find the solution , and i don't ask you to help me on directx11 but i ask to help me in the CEGUI Error That i take form CEGUI::direct3d11render .

and I have no DX11 level hardware to test on and I imagine there are a lot of people in the same situation.

is this my problem!! , if u have not is this mean all people have not and mustn't develop dx11 with CEGUI !!!!!!!!! .

Fourthly, if you can't fathom out how to rebuild the Effect11 library, then chances are you do not have the experience level to begin to use CEGUI - because as I've said a million times, it's not targeted at inexperienced programmers. Yes, you learn and gain experience by doing, so sometimes it's good to 'jump in the deep end'. But if you're going to do that...

i have 8 years experience and i know whats mean rebuild the library , but the problem is witch lib , the dx11 lib or what !!!!!!!

As it states in the forum guidelines: we are not your mother! This means, we are not here to wipe your arse for you. And that means that sometimes you have to work things out for yourself. Yeah, maybe that's tough, but such is life. You have to suck it up and get on with it.

just to know i have try all solution that i know and i lost 120 hours to find solution then i post the topic .

finally .

we are not your mother! This means, we are not here to wipe your arse for you

who do you think you are to come here and basically demand we reply to you? Damn you

that's hard luck. People do not come here solely for the benefit of the likes of you.

This forum is not the 'fountain of knowledge' for all to come and drink from

I think this is impolite to write in a public forum because you will not win nothing without the Shane follow you and its your responsibility .

Not:
if u want to speak just speak a good thing and impolite or shut your mouth

thanks for your time :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:09

As much as it is your right to post here it is your responsibility to make a good post and not waste our time. You did not take your time to create a meaningful topic name for your first created topic. You did not read the guidelines or think of posting relevant information that could help anybody to find a solution for your problem, by this you have acted irresponsibly at first. This made it difficult for people to help you and wasted a lot of time reading and replying to your insufficient post, time that is the free time of people, no one gets paid for finding a solution.

Additionally you have the somewhat delusional opinion that anybody is obliged to help you here, which is not true. If somebody wants to help you (and most people initially do) they will try to help you of course, like anybody else.

The solution the people on this forum have found for you, could have easily be found by you by searching the forums. The forum guidelines also redirect you to search for solutions before creating a thread. In any forum you should search first before asking for help.

Okay so your solution is this:
DXD11Effects(D).lib is the problem. You simply have to rebuild the Effect11 sample (of the current DX SDK) and rename the outcoming lib-file to the correct name. Replace it, recompile CEGUI, and you're done.

And you got, as you claim, 8 years of programming experience. Yes? So, what is the exact problem?

belkacem wrote:but what mean About rebuild the Effect11 sample !!!!!!!!

I guess what you tried to say is: "How to rebuild the Effect11 sample?". Is that about correct? Well. Download the DX SDK, as the quote says, and install it. Open the solution for the Effect11 sample and rebuild it. Then take the libraries and rename them as described and replace your current libraries of your project with these.

Hey, you have 3 years more programming experience than me. I don't see how this could be a problem for you?

And CrazyEddie is just angry about you because you cannot articulate yourself and you do not really seem to try to find a solution for yourself or care about what and how you post. Please try to write in correct english with correct grammar and spelling and do not flood exclamation marks, question marks or smileys. That, for once, would be great. And now just try to rebuild the example with your Visual Studio, what is the problem really?
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:12

DXD11Effects(D).lib is the problem. You simply have to rebuild the Effect11 sample (of the current DX SDK) and rename the outcoming lib-file to the correct name. Replace it, recompile CEGUI, and you're done

What is confusing about this?

Also, it is not our duty to do anything at all, we do this because we like to, if we get annoyed, we won't go here at all...

I will end this post by fully agreeing with CrazyEddie's post. Your reply would have been OK if you were paying for support but you are not...

Please try to write in correct english with correct grammar and spelling and do not flood exclamation marks, question marks or smileys.

Grammar is the last of my concerns, just please don't flood smileys and other symbols.

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby belkacem » Fri Jan 14, 2011 15:00

OK

thank you

first : i ' am sorry for my bad English , i will learn it in the next days .
i know i that i write in the wrong forum and i i am sorry for that , i will write my topic in the exact forum

secondly
And you got, as you claim, 8 years of programming experience. Yes? So, what is the exact problem?

the problem is the device can not create effect pipeline of directx11

I guess what you tried to say is: "How to rebuild the Effect11 sample?". Is that about correct? Well. Download the DX SDK, as the quote says, and install it. Open the solution for the Effect11 sample and rebuild it. Then take the libraries and rename them as described and replace your current libraries of your project with these.

no my question is not "How to rebuild the Effect11 sample?" .

because i rebuild the Effect11 sample but the same problem .

And CrazyEddie is just angry about you because you cannot articulate yourself and you do not really seem to try to find a solution for yourself or care about what and how you post. Please try to write in correct english with correct grammar and spelling and do not flood exclamation marks, question marks or smileys. That, for once, would be great. And now just try to rebuild the example with your Visual Studio, what is the problem really?

Ident
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

* Private message

i have tried to Find solution my self but i have lost 120 without any solution

In the last i am angry because the CrazyEddie member said impolite thing . and i am not angry because no body reply me .

so sorry for the problem that i make it and i am sorry for that

Last edited by belkacem on Fri Jan 14, 2011 15:09, edited 1 time in total.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Fri Jan 14, 2011 15:08

DO NOT create another thread for this, some admin has to move this thread to the right forum.
You already have created 2 threads for the same problem. Do you know how this forum would look if everyone created 3 threads per problem?

because i rebuild the Effect11 sample but the same problem .

You did never mention that. How would we know that? Can you describe the steps you have taken, in relation to the solution that was posted?

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby belkacem » Fri Jan 14, 2011 15:26

OK

DO NOT create another thread for this, some admin has to move this thread to the right forum.
You already have created 2 threads for the same problem. Do you know how this forum would look if everyone created 3 threads per problem?

i Will not create another thread

You did never mention that. How would we know that? Can you describe the steps you have taken, in relation to the solution that was posted?

I go to my Effect11 sample Solution ( project )

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Samples\C++\Direct3D11\SimpleSample11

step 2 :

open SimpleSample11_2010.sln project

step3 :

in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 i go to

build menu >> then rebuild solution

then i open my CEGUI Project and rebuild it and take the same problem

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Fri Jan 14, 2011 17:55

You are rebuilding the sample, not the Effects library.

DXD11Effects(D).lib is the problem, not SimpleSample11.exe

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby belkacem » Sat Jan 15, 2011 06:16

ok

i rebuild the lib again now but the same probleme

here is the lib output

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Jan 15, 2011 07:16

Does the other project actually use the lib files you recreated in your DX11Effects solution?

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby belkacem » Sat Jan 15, 2011 09:31

no it doesn't

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Jan 15, 2011 09:44

Okay........................................

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby belkacem » Sun Jan 23, 2011 18:16

hi everyone

i still have a problem with CEGUI and directx11
and i search in the forum and found this .

http://cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5226&p=25010&hilit=DirectX11+effect#p25010.

so i found the problem in D3DX11EffectsD.lib and the solution in recompile CEGUI again including D3DX11EffectsD.lib that i have get from build effect11 sample in dx SDK

so i dowload the source code of CEGUI and recompile it by using premake in

projects\premake directory

and i get CEGUIDirect3D11Renderer.vcproj ( Visual Studio Project )

i open it ( the solution ) and i include directx lib that the CEGUI require them

ok , now i get CEGUIDirect3D11Renderer.dll File

in the last i copy the new generate File In the CEGUI Bin Directory File

and i rebuild my sample but still i have the same error

"CEGUI::RendererException in file c:\cegui-0.7.5\cegui\src\renderermodules\direct3d11\ceguidirect3d11renderer.cpp(312) : Direct3D11Renderer: failed to create effect!"

Return to “Help”