Animation Framework?

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Sonico
Just popping in
Just popping in

Animation Framework?

Postby Sonico » Mon Feb 21, 2011 16:12

Hi, i am rookie using CEGUI and i have been working in a school project using Ogre. i give my first step in CEGUI to create the GUI for this project, but we need a way to easily animate the components properties of the GUI (something like the Animation Framework of Qt do). summarizing, i have a piece of code to do something like this that include a few effect using the new RenderEffect functionality in version 0.7.x, but i don't know if i am doing it in the better way possible. so if somebody have a better solution for my problem or maybe want to put a look in my code (to improve it or whatever you like), i will be happy of share it.

sorry my english and if i wrong of topic in the forum
give me a chance... i know that crazy is a little rude with beginners.. :)

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Animation Framework?

Postby Kulik » Mon Feb 21, 2011 16:25

You haven't posted any version info, I will assume 0.7.5

Take a look at http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Animation_System

It's definitely not as powerful as Qt's animation framework but you can do some seriously nifty stuff with it.

Sonico
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Sonico » Wed Feb 23, 2011 00:47

i am using 0.7.0 and now i see this new addition made for you in 0.7.2.
reading the link that you post i see that use the same idea that we are using, the only different is maybe that we have a few prefabricated animations like fade in, fade out, shake and somethings like that to put directly to a windows AnimationManager->setAnimation(windowName, animationType), maybe this is an idea that you can add in new versions and the possibility to easily combine with Rendereffects, a set of Rendereffects will be great. don't you thing?
definitely i go to update to 0.7.2 to use this feature and throw away my code.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Sat Feb 26, 2011 13:29

You can reuse animations right now already, define them in XML file and then instantiate it how many times you like. I prefer stuff to be generic so I don't like the idea of prefab animations although I agree it would make things easier for simple cases.

Sonico
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Sonico » Fri May 06, 2011 20:15

i forget include the link in the PM... sorry
here is the code and demo: http://www.2shared.com/file/y_XScuya/TestProjects.html
if someone else have an opinion, please share it...

Return to “Help”