Compiling CEGUISamples.

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

iRay
Just popping in
Just popping in

Compiling CEGUISamples.

Postby iRay » Sat Jun 25, 2011 09:04

Yeah as topic, I was compiling the CEGUISamples.sln file, till I got the errors which I coded in green below.

After which I just tried to compile the TreeDemo.sln file as I wanted to see the output (I was planning to make a CEGUI Menu).
I did the same for that project alone, included the necessary libraries and dependencies.
Till then, I had one error which was: " CEGuiSampleHelper_d.dll was missing from your computer. "

If any wants to know, I'm using MSVC 2008 Professional Edition. My ogre version 1.7. CEGUI Version 0.7.5.vc9. Windows 7 - 64 bit OS.
I linked every plausible thing which they needed to be included, this includes all the libraries and stuff.

This is what I found in my build log when compiling CEGuiSamples.sln.

Code: Select all

Output Window

Linking...
   Creating library ../../../../lib/CEGUISampleHelper_d.lib and object ../../../../lib/CEGUISampleHelper_d.exp
CEGuiD3D9BaseApplication.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 referenced in function "protected: bool __thiscall CEGuiD3D9BaseApplication::initialiseDirect3D(unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned int,bool)" (?initialiseDirect3D@CEGuiD3D9BaseApplication@@IAE_NIII_N@Z)
Win32AppHelper.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _c_dfDIKeyboard
Win32AppHelper.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_SysKeyboard
Win32AppHelper.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DirectInput8Create@20 referenced in function "public: static bool __cdecl Win32AppHelper::initialiseDirectInput(struct HWND__ *,struct Win32AppHelper::DirectInputState &)" (?initialiseDirectInput@Win32AppHelper@@SA_NPAUHWND__@@AAUDirectInputState@1@@Z)
Win32AppHelper.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectInput8A
../../../../bin/CEGUISampleHelper_d.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

Any idea what are those errors? Please help me!
Also, compiling CEGUISamples is to get the CEGUISampleHelper_d.dll yes?

All help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Compiling CEGUISamples.

Postby Kulik » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:17

So you are compiling the whole CEGUI from source?

What DX SDK do you have? I think the SampleHelper should link to dxguid or something like that to resolve these, I am not sure though, don't use Windows much lately.

iRay
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby iRay » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:40

I'm using DirectX SDK June 2010.

And yes, I've already tried linking SampleHelper to the dxguid.lib location.
It did help but I ended up with those errors above.

iRay
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby iRay » Sat Jul 02, 2011 03:37

Help me please ;(.

MarkR
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby MarkR » Sat Jul 02, 2011 07:07

The symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 should be part of the d3d9.lib, the DirectInput stuff requires the dinput8.lib
Try to add these two libs, too.

iRay
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby iRay » Sat Jul 02, 2011 08:19

MarkR wrote:The symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 should be part of the d3d9.lib, the DirectInput stuff requires the dinput8.lib

Thanks, but I've already included those 2 in Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies but still get the same errors.
I went to search on google about this error but most of them included those libraries and solved the errors, however it's a different case for me.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Tue Jul 05, 2011 16:31

iRay wrote:
MarkR wrote:The symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 should be part of the d3d9.lib, the DirectInput stuff requires the dinput8.lib

Thanks, but I've already included those 2 in Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies but still get the same errors.
I went to search on google about this error but most of them included those libraries and solved the errors, however it's a different case for me.

Adding the library names alone will not necessarily allow the linker to find those libraries. In other words you gave the linker the library names, but not their locations. You must also supply the linker with correct Library Directories to look in, eg: Linker > General > Additional Library Directories.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

iRay
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby iRay » Sun Jul 10, 2011 13:04

Jamarr wrote:
iRay wrote:

Adding the library names alone will not necessarily allow the linker to find those libraries. In other words you gave the linker the library names, but not their locations. You must also supply the linker with correct Library Directories to look in, eg: Linker > General > Additional Library Directories.

I've already linked it, if I'm not wrong it's this one.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x64

I still got the error.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:26

Are you building CEGUI for 64 bit processors? If so, this is not well supported on Windows. If not, why are you linking the 64 bit versions of the DirectX libs?

CE

AHlimon
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby AHlimon » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:57

I am trying to fix it but I can't. It is very complected.
I am man and like to reading book.

belkacem
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby belkacem » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:41

OK .
if you are using visual studio follow this :

*go to

Code: Select all

project >>proprieties >> VC++ Directoires >> Library Direction >> 

then add directx sdk path .