Constraining Editbox Height

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

xdinos
Just popping in
Just popping in

Constraining Editbox Height

Postby xdinos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:10

Hi...

is there any way to constrain the editbox height from look'n'feel having as value the Linespacing property of the font?

I'm using the latest code from repository

thank you.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Constraining Editbox Height

Postby Jamarr » Wed Jul 27, 2011 15:16

You can set the Height of an Editbox via the LooknFeel definition. Please refer to the CEGUI API docs for: <Area>, <FontDim>, and FontMetricType.

Please make sure you search the wiki, forums, API docs, and source-code prior to asking a question. You can find the answer to most questions using these tools. Only after searching is it appropriate to ask. And when asking make sure you include all relevant information, and the source for that information; this way we know you at least tried and we will be more willing to help you. Thank you.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

xdinos
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Constraining Editbox Height

Postby xdinos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 22:38

thank you for your replay

i know i can set the "Visual" Height of any widget
but what i'm asking is if it possible to set/constrain the actual height (the mouse hot area) from look'n'feel
something like <Property name="MaxSize" value="{{1,0},{0,29}}"/> but i don't want 29 to be fixed but rather dynamic from the font lineSpacing

thank you

Return to “Help”