CEGUI complexWindow

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

k781890703
Just popping in
Just popping in

CEGUI complexWindow

Postby k781890703 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 03:30

how can i implement a window which can add any kinds of child window ,and i can define it's layout?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: CEGUI complexWindow

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 09:05

This post fails on so many levels, I'm considering banning you outright.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: CEGUI complexWindow

Postby Jamarr » Tue Sep 20, 2011 16:19

Please make sure to post your threads in the appropriate forums. This is not a topic for the Advanced sub-forum. As far as your question is concerned, you can already add any kind of window as a child to any other window; of course, depending on the type of window, those children may simply be ignored. You can also already define layouts for child-windows either pre-runtime via .layout files, or at runtime via code. Given this information, your question seems silly.

The important idea to take from this is that when asking questions you should first attempt to seek the answer for yourself and only after having exhausted your resources should you ask for help; when asking for help, you need to include all details as to the resources and tactics you used to analyze the problem and your attempts at resolving it. If you simply come onto the forums and post a one-line comment asking for help, you are basically telling us that you did not take the time to research and thus that your time is more valuable than ours. And we really do not take kindly to conceited people around here. So next time, before you post, take the time to search and explore the resources already available to you such as our wiki, api docs, forums, and even google.

I think that, what you may really be after, is something along the lines of Layout Containers.
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Return to “Help”