Crash inside CEGUI::System::destroy()

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Ripiz
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Crash inside CEGUI::System::destroy()

Postby Ripiz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 05:51

I've posted my initialization and destruction of CEGUI, but no one said it's wrong. Since my implementation is correct problem goes into CEGUI.
If you can't bother to compile your own library, then press "Build All" on someone's else solution then I doubt you even created this library (considering features is has available).
Asking for money to get help with YOUR library does not make it any better. In that case I better move to some other library, which actually has some support.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Oct 15, 2011 08:07

Your response is derivative and laughable.

If you will not post the information that was requested in order that people can give you assistance, you will have no assistance. It really is as simple as that.

You are not the only person using the library with D3D11, and yet you are the only one reporting this issue. While this does not rule out an issue within the library it certainly makes it a lot less likely.

Since you're clearly so clever (leaving aside the fact you can't fix this issue, lol), perhaps you could enlighten me as to how I am to:
press "Build All" on someone's else solution

Since I do not use Windows for development purposes, but use an automated process to generate SDKs and such. Add to this the fact that this is done on XP which does not have DX11, I think it would be somewhat difficult to simply 'press "Build All"'.

As for not creating the library, anybody of any importance (i.e not you) knows the facts regarding the creation and long history of CEGUI. By posting the things you have, all you have done is ensure that you will receive no further replies from myself, and probably very little help from anybody else.

Congratulations, dude. You should be proud of your success.

CE

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Sat Oct 15, 2011 09:18

CrazyEddie wrote:
press "Build All" on someone's else solution

Since I do not use Windows for development purposes, but use an automated process to generate SDKs and such. Add to this the fact that this is done on XP which does not have DX11, I think it would be somewhat difficult to simply 'press "Build All"'.

Exactly, I use GNU/Linux and MacOSX only, booting into Windows just to test and fix someone else's code is too much of a time investment. Please stop assuming that everyone uses exactly what you use and has the exact same environment. Even then there is still the issue that we never fix other people's code as a rule, it has a simple reason - if we did that, everyone would march in here with their problems and we would be fixing them which would result in us abandoning the forum forever out of frustration. We will point you in the right direction but we will not do your job!

Ripiz
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ripiz » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:20

CrazyEddie wrote:I do not use Windows for development purpose

Kulik wrote:I use GNU/Linux and MacOSX only

If you said that at first it would have made things easier.
But if you think callstack will help at all then sure, here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2637453/CEGUI/c ... 0-2011.png
However I see nothing unusual...

MarkR
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby MarkR » Sat Oct 15, 2011 17:15

Could you also post the command lines for CEGUI (e.g. CEGUIBase) and your application (both compiler and linker/librarian)?

Ripiz
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ripiz » Sun Oct 16, 2011 06:21

I use Visual Studio 2010, which doesn't really have command line...

Compiler:

Code: Select all

/ZI /nologo /W3 /WX- /Od /Oy- /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MTd /GS /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fp"Debug\Demo.pch" /Fa"Debug\" /Fo"Debug\" /Fd"Debug\vc100.pdb" /Gd /analyze- /errorReport:queue

Linker:

Code: Select all

/OUT:"C:\Users\Ripiz\Desktop\Demo\Debug\Demo.exe" /NOLOGO "kernel32.lib" "user32.lib" "gdi32.lib" "winspool.lib" "comdlg32.lib" "advapi32.lib" "shell32.lib" "ole32.lib" "oleaut32.lib" "uuid.lib" "odbc32.lib" "odbccp32.lib" /NODEFAULTLIB:"LIBCMTD" /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"Debug\Demo.exe.intermediate.manifest" /ALLOWISOLATION /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\Users\Ripiz\Desktop\Demo\Debug\Demo.pdb" /PGD:"C:\Users\Ripiz\Desktop\Demo\Debug\Demo.pgd" /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /MACHINE:X86 /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE

MarkR
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby MarkR » Mon Oct 17, 2011 06:04

But these are exactly what I meant. If you now also would post this settings of CEGUIBase...

Ripiz
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ripiz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 13:59

Ripiz wrote:6. Edited CEGUI settings ( .\CEGUI-0.7.5\projects\premake\config.lua ), I made following edits:
----1) OPENGL_RENDERER = false,
----2) DIRECT3D9_RENDERER = false,
----3) DIRECT3D11_RENDERER = true,
----4) LUA_SCRIPT_MODULE = false;

This is the only change I've done to settings, if this is what you meant.

MarkR
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby MarkR » Mon Oct 17, 2011 16:31

Nope, this isn't what I meant.
Open the CEGUI.sln, right click the CEGUIBase project and search the compiler/librarian setting there.

Ripiz
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ripiz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 16:42

Well as I said before I didn't change anything there =p

Compiler:
/I"../../../cegui/include" /I"../../../dependencies/include" /ZI /nologo /W3 /WX- /Od /Oy- /D "_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE" /D "HAVE_CONFIG_H" /D "PCRE_STATIC" /D "CEGUIBASE_EXPORTS" /D "_DEBUG" /D "CEGUI_STATIC" /D "TOLUA_STATIC" /D "_MBCS" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MTd /GS /Gy /fp:precise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fp"obj/Debug_Static\CEGUIBase.pch" /Fa"obj/Debug_Static\" /Fo"obj/Debug_Static\" /Fd"obj/Debug_Static\vc100.pdb" /Gd /analyze- /errorReport:queue

Librarian:
/OUT:"../../../lib\CEGUIBase_Static_d.lib" /NOLOGO

MarkR
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby MarkR » Mon Oct 17, 2011 17:12

For some reason, your application is build in debug mode, but doesn't have the "_DEBUG" define set. I also doubt that it's a good idea to disable the LIBCMTD, but these things may be related.
What was the reason why you ignore the LIBCMTD in the linker settings of your app?

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Mon Oct 17, 2011 17:37

MarkR wrote:What was the reason why you ignore the LIBCMTD in the linker settings of your app?

To my knowledge the only reason to mark LIBCMTD (or MSVCRTD) as ignorable in the linker settings is to purposefully mask the linker warnings telling the user their project is mixing the use of these two libraries. Basically, some of the libraries in their project are linking to LIBCMTD (/MTd) and some are linked too MSVCRTD (/MDd). This can result in all kinds of odd issues, such as crashing during CEGUI's destruction; see a similar thread here. There are tons of posts on these forums where people inexplicably misuse/misunderstand these settings, resulting in odd crashes.

Another oddity is that Ripiz appears to be building both CEGUI and his own code with /MTd, but he then specifically tells the linker to ignore that library (LIBCMTD)...
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Ripiz
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ripiz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 18:04

MarkR wrote:For some reason, your application is build in debug mode, but doesn't have the "_DEBUG" define set.

That's strange. According to preprocessor "_DEBUG" is set
MarkR wrote:What was the reason why you ignore the LIBCMTD in the linker settings of your app?

Had double definition errors from linker. Appears I forgot to change DXUT to MTd. I fixed that and LIBCMTD isn't ignored anymore, however same problem still happens.

Return to “Help”