Using with Ogre3d on iOS

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

xxpokerxx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Using with Ogre3d on iOS

Postby xxpokerxx » Thu Oct 27, 2011 20:31

Hey all,

I am new to CEGUI and I cannot figure out how to use CEGUI in my Ogre3d project on iOS. I now that iOS is not officially supported however I hope that someone has done this and can help me out. I have used CEGUI in a windows project which I am now porting to iOS and Ogre is working great but I need to get CEGUI working.

To be clear, I do not need help with using CEGUI code wise, I just need help integrating CEGUI with ogre so that I can actually program my GUIs.

Thank you so much, both for the help and for the awesome GUI system !

This is somewhat urgent, so if someone can help me out ASAP I would really appreciate it.
xxpokerxx

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Using with Ogre3d on iOS

Postby Jamarr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 00:38

I do not think that CEGUI officially supports iOS, but I have heard of people getting CEGUI rendering in that environment. Have you tried searching the forums for terms like iphone, iOS, OpenGL ES, etc.?

Have you looked at and/or are you using the OpenGLES renderer?

As you did not provide any specific details regarding the issue(s) you are experiencing, you are unlikely to receive any specific assistance :hammer:
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

xxpokerxx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby xxpokerxx » Fri Oct 28, 2011 05:25

I know CEGUI isn't officially supported, and yes I have searched for all those terms and more.

I am looking for help setting up CEGUI with OGRE3d on iPhone (so no actual issues yet, just I don't know what to do). OGRE3d on iPhone uses OpenGL for rendering. I was hoping to find one of the people I keep hearing about who have done this (almost every topic involving iphone and Ogre say that they know some people have done it) so they could explain what they did or even better supply em with the pre compiled lib (or project). I don't need help with actual CEGUI code as I already have done that, I am porting my windows OGRE game to iOS and I used CEGUI for the windows version. I just need help with how to be able to use the CEGUI code in my iOS OGRE application.

I assume this involves compiling CEGUI in Xcode with an iOS target to get a lib that can be referenced in my app, however I have no idea how to do this (I just know how to code, I am very new to this part).

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 08:26

It's very hard for any of us to give the details about how you go about this, because none of us have ever done it.

As for the fabled "people who have done it", unfortunately they are amongst the large swathes of people who come to the forums very briefly but do not stay around beyond the timescale of their current problem or project (that's not a slight on those people, just a statement of fact).

So, in theory, yes, you set Xcode to compile against the iOS SDK and profit. In practice it's going to be more difficult. In 0.7 for Xcode the official provision is for dynamic, framework based builds only, which may present some issues.

CE.

caseybasichis
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby caseybasichis » Thu Apr 05, 2012 21:10

In the last seven months has anyone had any more success in getting a reliable build of cegui going on iOs?

I've been researching for the last week, and despite seeing words of warning, it still looks like the best option as far as what its capable of in a functioning state. As far as I can tell there is nothing else around besides librocket that can handle iOs.

My main interest in cegui is having the ability to dynamically generate xml interfaces programmatic since the app that I'm working on is very modular and already working with xml. I think they would be a perfect match.

If anyone has tried it with or without success I would love to hear about it.

Return to “Help”