mouse cursor artifact

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

samplay
Just popping in
Just popping in

mouse cursor artifact

Postby samplay » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:55

Hi,
I have compiled Cegui 0.7.5 samples ( MSVC9 ie vs2008) and tested under Windows XP with OpenGLRenderer ( static-debug, static, and dll-debug builds).
The problem I have is that the cegui cursor image still shows when the mouse has left the cegui-app rendering window. If I move the mouse fast,
this image can lie up to 3cm away from the "cegui window" side ( inside the window of course). The mouse works ok, it is only a matter of leaving
a ( single) cursor image behind.
Calling injectMouseLeaves does not help.
Would you be so kind as to tell me how to get rid of this ( quite minor but irritating) issue.
[ I am porting an old app to display half-life map files from glut+win32 to SFML+cegui+openlg]
thank you.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: mouse cursor artifact

Postby Kulik » Mon Dec 26, 2011 13:51

Are you clearing the colour buffer before each frame is rendered? CEGUI itself doesn't draw any sort of background and it doesn't clear the colour buffer.

samplay
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: mouse cursor artifact

Postby samplay » Tue Dec 27, 2011 00:56

well, I have this issue with the cegui samples compiled as downloaded.
(thanks for helping!)
EDIT: I run a dual core @3GHz with a NVIDia GeForce GTX 460, and I do not think my configuration is the problem as I can run 3Dgames like IL2, Silent Hunter without problems.

Return to “Help”