Build CEGUI 0.7.6 on OSX 10.7

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

mikewoz
Just popping in
Just popping in

Build CEGUI 0.7.6 on OSX 10.7

Postby mikewoz » Fri Apr 13, 2012 15:21

Everything configured fine, but I had build errors. Below is a log of how I fixed them... with a series of hacks. I'm sure there is a better way of doing this (ie, fixing configure.ac so autotools sets up the proper paths, etc). Perhaps someone can suggest how?

So first, macPlugins.h was not found:

Code: Select all

In file included from CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:32:
../../cegui/include/CEGUIDynamicModule.h:127: error: 'CFBundleRef' does not name a type
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp: In constructor 'CEGUI::DynamicModule::DynamicModule(const CEGUI::String&)':
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:63: error: 'd_handle' was not declared in this scope
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:110: error: 'd_handle' was not declared in this scope
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:110: error: 'mac_loadExeBundle' was not declared in this scope
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp: In destructor 'CEGUI::DynamicModule::~DynamicModule()':
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:134: error: 'd_handle' was not declared in this scope
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:134: error: 'mac_unloadExeBundle' was not declared in this scope
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp: In member function 'void* CEGUI::DynamicModule::getSymbolAddress(const CEGUI::String&) const':
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:146: error: 'd_handle' was not declared in this scope
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:146: error: 'mac_getBundleSym' was not declared in this scope
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp: In member function 'CEGUI::String CEGUI::DynamicModule::getFailureString() const':
CEGUIDynamicModule.cpp:154: error: 'mac_errorBundle' was not declared in this scope

To fix this, I added an include path in the makefile:

DEFAULT_INCLUDES = -I. -I$(top_builddir)/cegui/include -I$(top_builddir)/cegui/src/implementations/mac

I also had several CoreFoundation errors such as:

error: 'CFBundleRef' does not name a type

Adding the following to cegui/include/config.h fixed all those:

#include <CoreFoundation/CoreFoundation.h>
#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>

Return to “Help”