CEGUI Runtime Buffer Overrun

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

communism
Just popping in
Just popping in

CEGUI Runtime Buffer Overrun

Postby communism » Fri Aug 31, 2012 15:47

I'm attempting to use the following code...

Code: Select all

IrrlichtDevice * device = createDevice(video::EDT_OPENGL, dimension2d<u32>(640, 480), 16, false, false, false, &receiver);
   CEGUI::IrrlichtRenderer  * rend =  new CEGUI::IrrlichtRenderer(device, false);

It compiles correctly, I've linked all the libraries necessary and put the needed DLL's in the programs working directory.
Unfortunately it always gives me a runtime error that states a buffer overrun occurred.
Any Ideas?

communism
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: CEGUI Runtime Buffer Overrun

Postby communism » Sun Feb 17, 2013 05:21

I am also having the same issue.

Details...
Visual Studio 2008
Irrlicht SDK 1.8
CEGUI 0.7.4

The code in question...

Code: Select all

IrrlichtDevice * device = createDevice(video::EDT_OPENGL, dimension2d<u32>(640, 480), 16, false, false, false, &receiver);
CEGUI::IrrlichtRenderer& myRenderer = CEGUI::IrrlichtRenderer::create(*device);

All dlls are in the project folder.
All libs have been linked.

Help please!?!?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: CEGUI Runtime Buffer Overrun

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 09:38

CEGUI 0.7.4 will not work with Irrlicht 1.8, you will need the latest version of CEGUI which is 0.7.9 (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6323).

If you still experience issues after building the latest CEGUI and rebuilding your project against it - and after ensuring you have updated all headers, linker libs and dlls to the newer vesions - please ensure that you provide us with the context we need in order to help you: that is, post your full cegui.log (if you have one), a callstack with full debugging symbols from the point of the runtime error and any of your own code related to functions shown in the callstack so we know precisely what is happening.

CE.

Return to “Help”