Building CEGUI 0.7.7 with OGRE 1.8.1 on VS2010

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

slavik262
Just popping in
Just popping in

Building CEGUI 0.7.7 with OGRE 1.8.1 on VS2010

Postby slavik262 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 01:39

I've built CEGUI multiple times now without incident, but when I tried to build it against OGRE 1.8.1, I was met with a cascade of warnings:

Code: Select all

C4251: 'Ogre::StringUtil::BLANK' : class 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'Ogre::StringUtil'   d:\src\libs\ogre-1.8.1\include\ogre\OgreString.h   195
C4251: 'Ogre::Exception::typeName' : class 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'Ogre::Exception'   d:\src\libs\ogre-1.8.1\include\ogre\OgreException.h   97
warning C4251: 'Ogre::Exception::description' : class 'std::basic_string<_Elem,_Traits,_Ax>' needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class 'Ogre::Exception'   d:\src\libs\ogre-1.8.1\include\ogre\OgreException.h   98

This continues on - I get over 1600 of these warnings. I searched this forum for similar issues, but none of the solutions seem applicable here. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Building CEGUI 0.7.7 with OGRE 1.8.1 on VS2010

Postby Kulik » Tue Oct 09, 2012 13:39

These warnings are harmless and (frankly) idiotic. Ogre previously had it done properly with push/pop warning suppression pairs in their header files. They now deal with it on the cmake level. You get no warnings when building Ogre but tons of warnings when using its headers.

I suggest suppressing this warning yourself for your project.

Return to “Help”