PyCEGUI

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

communism
Just popping in
Just popping in

PyCEGUI

Postby communism » Wed Oct 17, 2012 21:48

I'm working on compiling PyCEGUI for CEED. I use cmake -DCEGUI_BUILD_PYTHON_MODULES=ON in the root directory, and then make but I get the following error message;

CMake Error: The source directory "/home/knoppix/cegui_mk2/cegui/src/ScriptModules/Python/bindings/CMakeFiles/PyCEGUI.dir/output/CEGUI" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

Any information on this issue would be welcomed.

communism
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: PyCEGUI

Postby communism » Wed Oct 17, 2012 22:06

I got cmake to compile, but in the make I get this error;

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/python3.2/config/libpython3.2.so', needed by `lib/PyCEGUI.so'. Stop.
make[1]: *** [cegui/src/ScriptModules/Python/bindings/CMakeFiles/PyCEGUI.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any help?

pav
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby pav » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:29

Maybe it's because you're using Python 3.2... I'm using Arch linux and I had to override the detection so it uses Python 2.7, like this:

Code: Select all

cmake . \
   -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/usr \
   -DCEGUI_SLOTTED_INSTALLATION:BOOL=OFF \
   -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python2 \
   -DPYTHON_LIBRARY=/usr/lib/libpython2.7.so \
   -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/python2.7/ # -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug

See: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62879

Flocke
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Flocke » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:29

communism wrote:CMake Error: The source directory "/home/knoppix/cegui_mk2/cegui/src/ScriptModules/Python/bindings/CMakeFiles/PyCEGUI.dir/output/CEGUI" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.

Well I just built PyCEGUI successfully on weekend (default branch rev3764) using MinGW GCC 4.7 32bit and Python 3.3.
Not the debug though as the linker went out of memory with 2GB user-process space limit. :lol:

To your problem, I have no CMakeLists.txt in that path either so that's correct.
I wonder why you got that message, maybe your CMake files are broken.

Your second error reads like you miss to link the python library or it's not found. Check the CMake advanced options whether the right path is selected for the python library.
Not sure, maybe I also had to fix the CMake files for it. Might be that it's not in the library search paths, check LINK_DIRECTORIES for it and whether python was detected at all.

For building with python 3, make sure boost.python is built with python 3 too and be prepared to fix some code.
I'd check in mine when authorized and told how. A few define flags did it for me, but didn't check whether python works correct as I'm struggling another issue right now.

I still always keep struggling CMake myself whenever I use it, so good luck to you! :D

p.s. foregive me, but
:)

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Mon Oct 22, 2012 19:32

Hi, just a note that I will eventually merge the Python3 support patch. The issue with it is that you have to apply it each time you regenerate. Parts of the patch have to be applied to pyplusplus.

Regarding the CMakeLists.txt not found in that folder, I have a feeling that you are using cmake wrong. They don't work like solutions and projects...

Return to “Help”