Help CEGUI 0.8.2 CMake build

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

gunpow123456
Just popping in
Just popping in

Help CEGUI 0.8.2 CMake build

Postby gunpow123456 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:16

Hi, I have downloaded cegui 0.8.2 source and dependencies.

I want to know if I'm doing this correctly..

First I run cmake of the cegui-deps-0.8.x-src folder and build it to get the dependencies folder.

Then I run cmake on the cegui-0.8.2 folder and build the binaries into a separate folder called "Build" like this :
http://postimg.org/image/f7g02ps8z/

And in the Build folder I get this:
http://postimg.org/image/7s0h9vz3b/

However, I also wanted to get CEGUIOgreRenderer.dll and I've read the forums that you can get it by building it, but I couldn't find.
and there were no sln or exe files in the samples folder.

I also got a -0 at the back of all the project files, like this eg. "CEGUIBase-0"
Is that normal? what I've seen in forums is just CEGUIBase or CEGUIOgreRenderer, no '-0'

Am I missing something? I tried it so many times, including certain dependencies and meddling with cmake options but nothings working..

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Help CEGUI 0.8.2 CMake build

Postby Kulik » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01

cmake is a configuration tool. It generates MSVC solution and projects that are then used for compilation.

Double click cegui.sln, hit build.

PS: You will have to build cegui-deps the same way as well! From the description you provided I can't decipher whether you have done that or not.

gunpow123456
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Help CEGUI 0.8.2 CMake build

Postby gunpow123456 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 08:24

Ah, I got it now, thanks!

Also, the location of the dll output in my project properties somehow got messed up, so I fixed that to a folder/any folder u want and got it.

Return to “Help”