couple of questions about tooltips

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Nyx Erebos
Just popping in
Just popping in

couple of questions about tooltips

Postby Nyx Erebos » Sun Aug 18, 2013 23:28

Hi, first I want to say that cegui works wonderfully so far. I implemented lots of widgets but now I have a problem with the tooltips. Here is my log :

Code: Select all

19/08/2013 00:27:42 (Std)    ---- Version: 0.8.2 (Build: Aug 17 2013 GNU/Linux g++ 4.6.3 64 bit) ----
19/08/2013 00:27:42 (Std)    ---- Renderer module is: CEGUI::IrrlichtRenderer - Official Irrlicht based 2nd generation renderer module.  RenderTarget support is enabled. ----
19/08/2013 00:27:42 (Std)    ---- XML Parser module is: CEGUI::ExpatParser - Official expat based parser module for CEGUI ----
19/08/2013 00:27:42 (Std)    ---- Image Codec module is: IrrlichtImageCodec - Integrated ImageCodec using the Irrlicht engine. ----
19/08/2013 00:27:42 (Std)    ---- Scripting module is: None ----

Basically my problem is that I can't get the tooltips to work (I know it's not really helpful :lol: ). I tried many ways of declaring a tooltip but with no success so I got back to the most simple way to do it :

Code: Select all

System::getSingleton().getDefaultGUIContext().setDefaultTooltipType("TaharezLook/Tooltip");
pushButton->setTooltipText("yay");

So I have a few questions :
Is it a right way to do it ?
pushButton->getTooltip()->isVisible() returns false, is it normal ? (I tried setVisible(true) but I guess blind experimentation doesn't work every times :roll: )
pushButton->getTooltip()->isActive() returns always false, even when I hover over the button. I guess it should return true in that case.

I have another question about the injectTimePulse method. Does it take the time in seconds or milliseconds ?

And finally an out of topic question : I have a FrameWindow and a Menubar (like those in the samples), and if I don't click on the FrameWindow I can access to the widgets on the Menubar but when I click on the FrameWindow it glitters and I can't access to the Menubar anymore. The cursor doesn't want to go on the Menubar at all, it stays at the limit (I have a TabControl which freezes too). So if it's a common problem I sure could use some help, thanks.

Nyx Erebos
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: couple of questions about tooltips

Postby Nyx Erebos » Mon Aug 19, 2013 19:24

I solved my glittering problem, I was doing too many calls to injectMouseButtonDown. I still have a problem, when I move the window which contains the "enter 4 digits" editbox the other windows freeze.

I still don't understand what I'm missing about the tooltips. I tried to instanciate the tooltip and setting it to a button and I tried setProperty("TooltipText","text") still with no success.

If someone has a very simple example of tooltip that works with 0.8.2 it would greatly help me :mrgreen:

Jefferian
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Jefferian » Tue Aug 20, 2013 07:12

Uh...are you injecting the time pulse?

Nyx Erebos
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Nyx Erebos » Tue Aug 20, 2013 09:13

Jefferian wrote:Uh...are you injecting the time pulse?

Yes I am but I don't know if it takes seconds or milliseconds. And I don't think the problem comes from there because I've tried both but if it's the only difference with the other widgets, maybe I'm not doing it the right way. I'm using the method shown on http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Tooltips

Jefferian
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Jefferian » Tue Aug 20, 2013 14:13

Guess you're right. I've got some code here in my application that worked with 0.7.9, but testing it now it doesn't work anymore. Dunno what changed...gotta test it out.

Return to “Help”