libCEGUI.so not found[SOLVED]

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

chaitanyawaichal
Just popping in
Just popping in

libCEGUI.so not found[SOLVED]

Postby chaitanyawaichal » Tue Aug 20, 2013 16:12

Hello,
I am a newbie to CEGUI. I ve an Ogre application developed in netbeans on ubuntu 12.04. I am trying to learn CEGUI to be used with Ogre by installing and using it in my ogre code.
To install i used cmake and it looks like it is perfect.
The application compiles properly without any error.However when i try to run the application i get:

Code: Select all

CEGUI::GenericException in function 'CEGUI::DynamicModule::DynamicModule(const CEGUI::String&)' (/home/chaitanya/cegui/source/cegui/src/DynamicModule.cpp:214) : Failed to load module 'libCEGUI.so': /usr/local/lib/cegui-0.8/libCEGUI.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

There are other files in "/usr/local/lib" that include libCEGUIBase, libCEGUIOgreRendere,etc. I cannot find the libCEGUI.so file anywhere on the ENTIRE filesystem :)
Ogre 1-8-1
Cegui 0.8.2
Last edited by chaitanyawaichal on Sat Aug 24, 2013 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

thomas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: libCEGUI.so not found

Postby thomas » Thu Aug 22, 2013 22:14

I am having the same problem, except on Windows. I compiled CEGUI for Ogre in MinGW using Code::Blocks.

I get this:

Code: Select all

CEGUI::GenericException in function 'CEGUI::DynamicModule::DynamicModule(const CEGUI::String&)' (J:\projects\cegui-0.8.2\cegui\src\DynamicModule.cpp:214) : Failed to load module 'libCEGUI_d.dll': The specified module could not be found.

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CEGUI::GenericException'  what():  CEGUI::GenericException in function 'CEGUI::DynamicModule::DynamicModule(const CEGUI::String&)' (J:\projects\cegui-0.8.2\cegui\src\DynamicModule.cpp:214) : Failed to load module 'libCEGUI_d.dll': The specified module could not be found.

thomas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby thomas » Thu Aug 22, 2013 22:24

Found relative information at: http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6319

Will look into it and post an update

chaitanyawaichal
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby chaitanyawaichal » Sat Aug 24, 2013 08:07

Hello FOlks!
I had posted the same question on the OGRE forum and i got the answer there...
http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78729 is the link where you can get the details...! :)

thomas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: libCEGUI.so not found[SOLVED]

Postby thomas » Tue Aug 27, 2013 23:14

Thank you! :)

Return to “Help”