Building for Windows Phone 8

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

ryanblake
Just popping in
Just popping in

Building for Windows Phone 8

Postby ryanblake » Sat Sep 14, 2013 14:57

Hi CEGUI users,

I would like to experiment with CEGUI on wp8, will it work firstly, I don't see why it shouldn't as WP8 supports the following.
    Direct3d11
    Devil
    Freetype
    TinyXML

However I am struggling to even get started I have all ready read various installation instructions, but I not competent enough with CMAKE to get started as for someone with little experience building projects in this way, the instructions seem very vague from my prospective.
I believe once I am on the right track, using CEGUI should be pretty straight forward.

Is there any baby step tutorials for setting up, as thats what I think I am in need off, literally, step by step large graphics with arrows?

Thanks am I excited to try am use the library.

ryanblake
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Building for Windows Phone 8

Postby ryanblake » Tue Sep 17, 2013 20:47

OK I have made progress, this may be a lot harder then I was hoping, it seems to appear windows phone 8 does not support direct11effects, is possible to create a custom renderer which does not relay on that particular library?

ryanblake
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Building for Windows Phone 8

Postby ryanblake » Sun Sep 22, 2013 15:21

I now have everything compiling and have tried to use the window tutorial
http://www.cegui.org.uk/docs/current/wi ... orial.html

Nothing displays.
I think its probably due to the hacks I made in the D3D11 renderer,

Am I right in thinking the D3D11 Effects are only used to created special effects on windows or is there more to it then that?

For what I'm trying to do, I do not really require any special effects, so would I be able to/possible create a D3D11 renderer which does not use effects? I would like to know this, as I feel I'm close to finally getting some output after 3 weeks of battling.

---- Version: 0.8.2 (Build: Sep 22 2013 Debug Microsoft Windows MSVC++ 11.0 32 bit) ----
---- Renderer module is: CEGUI::Direct3D11Renderer - Official Direct3D 11 based 2nd generation renderer module. ----
---- XML Parser module is: CEGUI::TinyXMLParser - Official tinyXML based parser module for CEGUI ----
---- Image Codec module is: DevILImageCodec - Official DevIL based image codec ----
---- Scripting module is: None ----

Im sort of glad no one replies as I've learnt a lot about c++ programming as I am still very new to it, but more then capable of getting stuff to work. I do now feel a bit of assistance to get the end of the road would now be helpful.

Return to “Help”