Linux build fails Ogre RenderModule (Vertex)

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Linux build fails Ogre RenderModule (Vertex)

Postby dermont » Wed Jan 08, 2014 06:24

Default branch of CEGUI 4530:a7aeb1f5aab6 / default branch Ogre the build fails, where is Vertex declared. Looking at Vertex.h it has an include for glm.hpp and the Ogre render module includes Vertex.h. Does this mean that I need the glm headers to build the Ogre render module.

Thanks.

Code: Select all

cd /media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/build/default2/cegui/src/RendererModules/Ogre && /usr/bin/c++   -DCEGUIOGRERENDERER_EXPORTS -O3 -DNDEBUG -fPIC -I/media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/build/default2/cegui/include -I/media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/include -I/usr/local/include -I/media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/include/RendererModules/Ogre -I/media/sda1/Libraries/OGRE/sdk/default/include/OGRE    -o CMakeFiles/CEGUIOgreRenderer-9999.dir/TextureTarget.cpp.o -c /media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/src/RendererModules/Ogre/TextureTarget.cpp
In file included from /media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/src/RendererModules/Ogre/./RenderTarget.inl:31:0,
                 from /media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/src/RendererModules/Ogre/TextureTarget.cpp:151:
/media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/include/CEGUI/RendererModules/Ogre/GeometryBuffer.h:71:37: error: ‘Vertex’ does not name a type
     virtual void appendVertex(const Vertex& vertex);
                                     ^
/media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/include/CEGUI/RendererModules/Ogre/GeometryBuffer.h:71:45: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘vertex’ with no type [-fpermissive]
     virtual void appendVertex(const Vertex& vertex);
                                             ^
/media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/include/CEGUI/RendererModules/Ogre/GeometryBuffer.h:72:39: error: ‘Vertex’ does not name a type
     virtual void appendGeometry(const Vertex* const vbuff, uint vertex_count);
                                       ^
/media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/src/default2/cegui/include/CEGUI/RendererModules/Ogre/GeometryBuffer.h:72:53: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘vbuff’ with no type [-fpermissive]
     virtual void appendGeometry(const Vertex* const vbuff, uint vertex_count);
                                                     ^
make[2]: *** [cegui/src/RendererModules/Ogre/CMakeFiles/CEGUIOgreRenderer-9999.dir/TextureTarget.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/media/sda1/Libraries/CEGUI/build/default2'
make[1]: *** [cegui/src/RendererModules/Ogre/CMakeFiles/CEGUIOgreRenderer-9999.dir/all] Error 2

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: Linux build fails Ogre RenderModule (Vertex)

Postby Ident » Sun Jan 12, 2014 17:00

Default branch of CEGUI is as always unstable and therefore broken for all renderers except OpenGL and OpenGL3 and NullRenderer. I changed the internal way of rendering in CEGUi completely and I am not done with adapting all Renderers for it. Ingeneral, we recommend you to always ask us if it is currently safe to use it before you want to use default branch - there is no real need to use it anyways. Most changes are in the other branches already and default is just containing all latest breaking and unfinished and not fully tested changes, therefore it is almost certainly a bit messed up or broken.

Please use v0, it contains the latest fixed and changes and is stable (or at least it should be)
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby dermont » Wed Feb 26, 2014 09:50

Ok thanks for the feedback, wasn't aware that v0 was the recommended branch.

What is the CEGUI/abi versions for the v0 branch? The pkgconfig files indicate version as "0.9999.0" but the python binding indicates the abi as 208 resulting in a abi mismatch creating a CEGUI.OgreRenderer in python.

Easy to fix but I'm not sure which one is correct or more likely I've screwed up somewhere.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Wed Feb 26, 2014 14:10

taken from IRC #cegui :
[15:09:07] Ident mpreisler: whats the cegui abi version for the v0 branch?
[15:09:41] mpreisler Ident: I am unsure, you should be able to figure that out from the CMakeLists.txt root document
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Help”