[SOLVED] Runtime crash with cegui 0.8.2 with ogre

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

thomas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

[Solved] Re: Runtime crash with cegui 0.8.2 with ogre

Postby thomas » Thu Jan 30, 2014 18:12

The callstack was incomplete because that's all Code::Blocks gave me when I used Debug on the Release target build. I'm not sure how to get a full callstack otherwise. I tried looking into the valgrind but that appeared to require debugging information/symbols. Again, my debug build works perfectly so I didn't look into it anymore.

As far as what the property was set to, do you mean the property where it is referring to "There is no property named 'A" or on the warning property. Sorry, I'm not sure which property you are referring to.

On the setVisible(bool) callstack, the callstack before that would be in the GameConsoleWindow::setVisible(bool visible) function. I will do some research into Code::Blocks to see if I can figure out how to get a more complete callstack with it.

I'll keep posting data as I can. I really appreciate the efforts here, thank you.

If I can, I will write some small code as a test base with Ogre/CEGUI implementation to see if the error can be replicated; maybe that will help track down the problem.

I am also looking into this now: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/186237/program-only-crashes-as-release-build-how-to-debug

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: Runtime crash with cegui 0.8.2 with ogre

Postby Ident » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:26

I assume you need the debug symbols for the full callstack - i already mentioned this in my last post. http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?ti ... de::Blocks
Maybe you didnt compile the cegui and ogre library with the right flags set to create symbols?
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

thomas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby thomas » Mon Feb 03, 2014 01:53

Ident, I have a debug (-g on) version within my Code::Blocks project that produces debugging symbols. I also have a Release build that does not use (-g off) debugging symbols. The problem is, my version with debugging symbols works fine, the release version without the debugging symbols is the one that crashes. I just tried adding (-g) to my release build, and it shows -g in the list of options as it compiles, but when I run it, it comes up saying "No debugging symbols found".
This leads me to believe I did something wrong when I compiled the release version of CEGUI.

If I've misunderstood you again, I am sorry.

I recently go this that shows the complete name:

Code: Select all

CEGUI::UnknownObjectException in function 'typename CEGUI::PropertyHelper<T>::re
turn_type CEGUI::PropertySet::getProperty(const CEGUI::String&) const [with T =
CEGUI::Image*; typename CEGUI::PropertyHelper<T>::return_type = const CEGUI::Ima
ge*]' (J:/libraries_etc/cegui-0.8.2/cegui/include/CEGUI/PropertySet.h:181) : The
re is no Property named '⌠ºêÇ≥ìÿÇ≡ÇÇÇ≡çîÇ≡ÇÇÇ≡å░Ç≡ÇÇÇ' available in the set.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CEGUI::UnknownObjectException'
  what():  CEGUI::UnknownObjectException in function 'typename CEGUI::PropertyHe
lper<T>::return_type CEGUI::PropertySet::getProperty(const CEGUI::String&) const
 [with T = CEGUI::Image*; typename CEGUI::PropertyHelper<T>::return_type = const
 CEGUI::Image*]' (J:/libraries_etc/cegui-0.8.2/cegui/include/CEGUI/PropertySet.h
:181) : There is no Property named '⌠ºêÇ≥ìÿÇ≡ÇÇÇ≡çîÇ≡ÇÇÇ≡å░Ç≡ÇÇÇ' available in t
he set.

I am going to recompile the release version of CEGUI again and see if anything changes.
I will let you know how that goes.

Thanks again; I really do appreciate the effort.

thomas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby thomas » Mon Feb 03, 2014 02:28

All right nothing changed.

It's my senior project so I can handle not having a release version for now; I can't spend anymore time on it because I have to make progress on other areas.

I appreciate the efforts of all of you.

For now don't worry about it. I will come back to it when I have time or maybe at some point I will figure it out and post information on it then.

Thanks again.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Feb 03, 2014 02:43

Okay.
Should you find time to get back to it, please build in RelaseWithDebug mode and see if you get the symbols.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

thomas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby thomas » Thu Jun 19, 2014 22:31

I was able to solve this problem by referring to this thread: http://cegui.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6773

Return to “Help”