mingw + irrlicht 1.8.1 compilation errors

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

IrrDreamer
Just popping in
Just popping in

mingw + irrlicht 1.8.1 compilation errors

Postby IrrDreamer » Tue Mar 11, 2014 16:19

Hi there,

Trying to compile CEGUI with mingw 4.4.1 with a cmake makefile
With Irrlicht 1.8.1

I get this error. It's something about template parameters. I tried to add this line to the textureTarget.cpp file "#include "renderTarget.inl" but it's worse.

Code: Select all

C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\build>mingw32-make
[ 32%] Built target CEGUIBase-0
[ 65%] Built target CEGUIBase-0_Static
[ 69%] Built target CEGUIOpenGLRenderer-0
[ 72%] Built target CEGUIOpenGLRenderer-0_Static
Scanning dependencies of target CEGUIIrrlichtRenderer-0
[ 72%] Building CXX object cegui/src/RendererModules/Irrlicht/CMakeFiles/CEGUIIr
rlichtRenderer-0.dir/TextureTarget.cpp.obj
C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\cegui\src\RendererModules\Irrlicht\TextureTarget.cpp: In me
mber function 'virtual void CEGUI::IrrlichtTextureTarget::activate()':
C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\cegui\src\RendererModules\Irrlicht\TextureTarget.cpp:67: er
ror: 'template<class T> class CEGUI::IrrlichtRenderTarget' used without template
 parameters
C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\cegui\src\RendererModules\Irrlicht\TextureTarget.cpp: In me
mber function 'virtual void CEGUI::IrrlichtTextureTarget::deactivate()':
C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\cegui\src\RendererModules\Irrlicht\TextureTarget.cpp:73: er
ror: 'template<class T> class CEGUI::IrrlichtRenderTarget' used without template
 parameters
mingw32-make[2]: *** [cegui/src/RendererModules/Irrlicht/CMakeFiles/CEGUIIrrlich
tRenderer-0.dir/TextureTarget.cpp.obj] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [cegui/src/RendererModules/Irrlicht/CMakeFiles/CEGUIIrrlich
tRenderer-0.dir/all] Error 2

I don't know if it's the irrlicht version or something about Cmake configurations.I included the Irrlicht renderer, the irrlicht libs
and stuff, and the makefiles works perfectly but this error...

Hope you can help me. thanks!

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: mingw + irrlicht 1.8.1 compilation errors

Postby Ident » Tue Mar 11, 2014 19:26

Can you try this with another compiler? I m pretty sure this is mingw specific, but i am not 100% sure. However I don't use mingw so could you please try another compiler just to narrow the issue down?
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Help”