[Solved] Setting up CEGUI

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

DimmerFan
Just popping in
Just popping in

[Solved] Setting up CEGUI

Postby DimmerFan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 16:46

Hello!

I am trying to use Crazy Eddies GUI system in my DirectX 11 c++ Project (Windows 8.1). I Have created some kind of graphic Engine, and would like to implement a GUI system for a "World Editor". However I have not even succeded to Include CEGUI.. I am very ashamed of this.
I folowed these instructions: http://cegui.org.uk/content/getting-started The first Proplem i bumped into was when i used CMake 3.0.0. This didnt work so i tryed with version 2.8.10.2 instead and was finally able to run the program without errors. Just for anyone who get the same proplem.

Ok so now to my real problem! I Included C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\cegui\include into my Project and my compiler (VS2013) tells me that files are missing, Config.h and Version.h if i remember correctly.
So I must have included the wrong folders eh? Yea thats what i thought. So I Included most of the directorys within my Compiled CEGUI without and luck, I also include the lib folder. I Have been trying for hours to folow along with the tutorials on CEGUI wiki. I Just cant get this to work :/. Is there anyone out there who can help me with a "Tutorial for dummies"?

Thanks, DimmerFan

lucebac
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: Setting up CEGUI

Postby lucebac » Thu Jun 19, 2014 18:02

Hi DimmerFan,

you need no "tutorial for dummies". The only step you forgot is to compile the "INSTALL" project. This installs CEGUI to the "CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX" folder you can specify in cmake-gui.

Greetings,
lucebac

DimmerFan
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby DimmerFan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:03

Ok, So this is what i did:

1: Download cegui-deps-0.8.x-src
2: Download cegui-0.8.3
3: Configurate and then Generate cegui-deps-0.8.x-src with CMake 2.8.10.2 // Install path C:/Program86/cegui
4: Compile (VS2010) cegui-deps-0.8.x-src and then Copy the dependencis folder to the cegui-0.8.3 folder
5: Configurate and then Generate cegui-0.8.3 with CMake 2.8.10.2 // Boost_DIR_NOTFOUND (idk what this means), If any parameters here are intresting please tell me. Iv got a print screen.
6: Compile (VS2010) C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\build\cegui.sln

7: Compiled INSTALL.vcxproj but it didnt realy change anything and i didnt get any content in C:/Program86/cegui

However I could see a few hundred "Could not find "min"" errors while compiling..

Still same problems, I dont know witch folders to include / lib and I now I guess i have a new problem, why doesnt mine work to Install.

thomas
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby thomas » Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:11

If you are having trouble with the install build you can manually copy Conig.h and Version.h from the build dir into your cegui include dir. Install is the preferred method but it will work.

Were your errors in the install build? If you got errors then it's unlikely it copied anything. Not sure what is meant by "Could not find 'min'", so it would be helpful if you copied and pasted the actual errors.

You don't need to worry about BOOST dir not found unless you are using boost libraries, such as ogre uses it. If you aren't sure then chances are you aren't using it an can ignore it.

DimmerFan
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby DimmerFan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:17

Error 748 error C2039: 'max' : is not a member of 'std' C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\cegui\src\RendererModules\OpenGL\GeometryBufferBase.cpp 97 1 CEGUIOpenGLRenderer-0

And when i go to those lines of code:

void OpenGLGeometryBufferBase::setClippingRegion(const Rectf& region)
{
d_clipRect.top(ceguimax(0.0f, region.top()));
d_clipRect.left(ceguimax(0.0f, region.left()));
d_clipRect.bottom(ceguimax(0.0f, region.bottom()));
d_clipRect.right(ceguimax(0.0f, region.right()));
}

I am only using Native c++ with DirectX SDK June 2010
Last edited by DimmerFan on Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:19

The first error is fixed by moving the headers from /build/include into your include folder or by instaling it like thomas said.
The second error was fixed in the v0-8 branch and will be in the 0.8.4 release coming in the next days. A forum search will show you how to solve it if u dont wanna get a v0-8 branch download from bitbucket.

If you think the second error is different from the other reported min/max issues then inform us about it.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

DimmerFan
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby DimmerFan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:38

Thanks alot everyone! I finally got it to work!

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Thu Jun 19, 2014 19:57

Please tell us how! The next user that will crush into this will be glad about it.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

DimmerFan
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby DimmerFan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 14:36

I Copied the 3 build headers from C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\build\cegui\include\CEGUI to C:\CEGUI\cegui-0.8.3\cegui\include\CEGUI
and then I had this error with min and max definitions so i added this code at line 96 in the base.h file:

#if defined(_MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER >= 1800)
# include <algorithm>
#endif

this fixed the problems!

Return to “Help”